cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Provisioning changing dates in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using IDM and have gone live with Role provisioning functionality.I noticed that when we assign even one role the valid from dates get changed for already assigned roles. Also which checked in Change Documents the roles are removed and then added back at the same time.This is a serious issue as it does not give a clear picture of the activity performed and will fail the audits.

Can someone please help who has also faced this issue?

Regards,

DB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepali,

as standard IdM will overwrite any existing abap roles. The concept is that once you have run the initial load the IdM system is the leading system - the initial load updates IdM with all current assignments of users. The way the IdM application works is that any time it updates the

assignments in the Abap system this updates all assignments of the user are written again to teh ABAP system with the values existing on the IdM side.

In terms of validity date see note 1616152 Provisioning of roles creates unnecessarily change - IdM

adds the date 1/1/1900 as valid from date for a role assignment if date is not set already. In addition note 1681408 Validity Dates Not Provisioned to ABAP or Java is also relevent.

I hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

Chris

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepali,

I guess this issue is not there in the RDS solution where validity date provisioning is there. You can try it out. I am using RDS with SP07. It works fine for me.

Thanks,

Krishna.

keith_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Deepali,

Some additional info maybe can help you:

This behavior is described in note 1626816. Please also refer to this discussion regarding this:

http://scn.sap.com/message/13899244#13899244

BR, Keith