cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manager details to pop-up for users in user details tab who raise a Access Request in GRC 10

former_member294400
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

i have 2 questions on workflows:

1.I have setup the workflows in GRC 10 and manager(supervisor) will be immediate approver of an employee who will raise a request, all users are in ECC system and we have HR in place and HR team will map ECC users to managers in Org structure in (organisational management module of HR), in backend- ECC system,so my question is whenever a request is raised automatically manager details must pop up in GRC system for user under user details tab from ECC for access request which is not coming for me currently and for this we need to do some table mapping for ECC system from GRC for field which we want to pull data, as we need manager details to pop for any employee who raise a request. Can you please help me to know how to map it? Or even what all tables I need to see or check with HR team? As i dont have much knowledge on HR.

2. I have created the workflow for function/risk create/change/delete using the standard workflows by just updating the email notification, and not sure where do i need to add the function/risk owner to whom the approval should go? do i need to update it in access control owners or can someone please let me  where i must update it and does this standard workflows run correctly or is there any customization required?

Appreciate the support.

Thank you

regards

Maltesh J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Maltesh

I would recommend you look into GRC300 Access Controls course for your own benefits

In addition, SCN and Marketplace covers some of what you are seeking already

Note 1609554 - How manager info is pulled from HR system into ARQ

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-44642 - Configure Manager Look-Up in ARM for GRC 10 by @Allessandro Banzer

For Risk Owner, you need to assign an Access Control Owner to the Risk Id. If you are trying to get basic workflow up and running it might be easier to change the Agent to a role whilst you prototype instead of maintaining the master data. Again, this is covered in training.

former_member294400
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Colleen,
I have configured workflow for Risk create/change/delete using standard workflows and it works fine,and i have set the approver for this in access control owners.
But i am unable to find where do i need to set approver for Function create/change/delete workflow when i setup the standard workflow as when i try to change any function it says no approver agent found in the logs, please throw some light on this? and also how to set the escape route if approver not found? or you suggest BRF+ rules for this?
Thank you
Maltesh
former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

1st: Manager details can be pulled automaticall from LDAP or HR.

Coleen already sent you details and basic config you need to do.

2nd: you need to maintain owner for function risk and all to get respective approvers.

if you have already maintained please check you agent in MSMP. if that is correct

check you workflow initial task specificconfig if task is assigned to it or not.

thsi will solve your issue.

Regarsds,

Prasant

former_member294400
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

I know we must maintain approvers for each workflow, as i did it for all WFs and they work fine except Function change , so was question was where do i need to set the approver for function change?

Thanks

Maltesh

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Maltesh,

please check the End User Personalization in IMG. Check if "Manger Information Lookup" is set to yes.

IMG > GRC > Access Control > User Provisioning > Maintain End User Personalization

Verify that the right EUP ID is selected in the workflow path.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alessandro

former_member294400
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you.

I got the solution for manager details to pop up in user details tab of an employee as per mapping in HR. Just for clarification wanted to know below setting i did i correct?

IMG > GRC > Access Control > maintain data source configuration > here we have 3 dialog structures to be set,  user search data sources,  user details data sources, user authentication data sources--- for HR data to be pulled do we need to set all 3 as HR ?

but my second question is not yet answered for workflow for functional change where do i need to set the approver? or how will the workflow know whom to direct my request for approval?

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Maltesh,

Generally I would say yes you did it correct. If you are using LDAP or something else it would make sense to change the data source to LDAP, SU01, etc.. Depends on your actual settings.

Regards

Alessandro

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regarding function change workflow. The maintenance approvers are defined in a role, as you can see in the workflow configuration > maintain agents. Add the approvers to that role and the workflow will pick them for approval.

If you are not using SAP default roles it would make sense to copy the agent and create your own one as otherwise you might face issues when updating (oss notes, etc.).

Hope this helps.

Regards

Alessandro

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to MSMP slect SAP_GRAC_FUNC_APPR process id .

that is used for funtion approval workflow.

Regards,

Prasant

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Alessandro,

I have the same problem and opened other thread here for the same. You already replied to those threads.

Now I noticed that for EUP ID 999, the manager information lookup is set to "NO" and this field is disabled!

As per your suggestion, I would like to set it to "YES" but could not as this is grayed out. May I know how I can do it?

Or

How do I make use of correct EUP ID at the time of request submission? I can make use of EUP ID at stages. However, at request initiating level, I dont know how I can use customized EUP ID in which I can modify and set it to "YES".

Please advise.

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CAn anybody help me on this?

Regards,

Faisal

Answers (0)