cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Control for HANA Views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there version control options in HANA studio for Rev 58?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishith,

You can go through this blog posted by me on version control. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

PB.

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nishith,

As Rama has mentioned, there is no native mechanism for version control in HANA i believe. But if you are looking to distribute developed objects between multiple users, i think we can have multiple inactive versions of objects created which can be taken over by "take over" or "switch ownership".

Not sure how relevant it is in this context. still worth reading. have a look at below blog 

http://scn.sap.com/community/hana-in-memory/blog/2013/05/02/inactive-versions-of-objects--switch-own...

Regards,

Nikhil Joy

former_member182114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Don't if you have access but I saw Thomas Jung presenting this topic explaning very well what exist before, on SP6 and what is predicted to future:

https://open.sap.com/videos/77?module_item_id=174

In short: all history changes are stored on server but currently studio doesn't provide a view of it. It's planned for future releases to "teach" Studio to branch all the changes showing the version.

Regards, Fernando Da Rós

Former Member
0 Kudos

Olá Da Rós,

você sabe em qual versão do Hana Studio essa ferramenta será disponibilizada? Estamos testando a 69.1 e ainda não conseguimos visualizar o histórico das alterações no servidor.

Abraço,

Marcio Caldas

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcio Caldas,

You may want to check "Change Management" in "SAP HANA Life Cycle Manager" which helps to have a control on the versioning of the objects.

You need to create the "Views" using a Project instead of using "Modeller" perspective for the same.

Development Perspective: Change Manager (SPS7) | SAP HANA

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, to the best of my knowledge. If you are in production.

One way to check is: You can check production version to compare development version of the HANA view

Hope this helps!