cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

08 Stock transfer inspection lot creation if accepted 01 already exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to know if it is possible to generate the 08 inspection lot for a stock transfer between different plants (same material, batch,...) only if there isn't a 01 inspection lot with the UD taken and accepted in the initial plant linked to the batch. I supposed that it could be managed through configuration, but after check it I haven't found the correct way.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you explain your problem more precisely.

regards

Manish

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inspection lot can be generated if the material is being transferred from one plant to other plant if inspection type '08' is activated in the material.

I don't think inspection type '01' would affect it in any way. Once the batch is posted to unrestricted from QM after 01 inspection, further movement to other plant would create the 08 inspection lot.

All gurus kindly suugest !!

Kind Regards,

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

Are you doing stock transfer with the help of purchase order(STO). and if you want that lot must not created for doing MIGO if inspection type 08 is active in that plant. Then deactivate QM for below mentioned combination.

Then lot will not be created for 101 movement type in case of stock transfer.

regards

Manish

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish. Thanks for responding. Basically we have adopted the scenario of interplant transfer through SO-PO route and accrodingly MIGO is being done.

Yes, we have also controlled the Quality inspection for goods movements. This way we are able to avoid inspection lots for 08 type during MIGO.

But I need to know one more thing, also said in my earlier response, I'll put it in simple words,

1. Insp type 08 is activated for a material. 

2. There is no SO-PO scenario between the plants, lets say from P1 to P2. 

3. No other setting is maintained and I have not deactivated the QA inspection for a movement type.

Now if I transfer the material from P1 to P2 and do the MIGO, would inspection lot not be generated? Would there be any impact if the inspection type 01 is also activated in P1?? 

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

SO mean Stock transfer Order . AM i right??

If you do stock transfer without SO-PO then you have to manual transfer with the help of 301 movement type. then if you don't want to generate inspection lot then deactivate QM for 301. otherwise lot will be generated.

regards

Manish

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your response. Now Im clear with the scenario. Simlar setting are maintained here for Quality inspection for goods movements. Not just for 301, but also for 309 and 311.

Kind regards,

Nitin

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

You have to close the thread. So that other may know what is correct answer by which you could solve your problem.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Im not the owner of this thread and thus cannot close this, I guess. This can be closed by Luca if the query is resloved

Regards,

Nitin

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manish,

Nitin is not the OP.  It is Luca, who has never replied to the thread.  I wouldn't expect him to reply at this stage since he hasn't participated in the thread and I doubt the OP question has been resolved.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

As there is no relation between GR (101) movement & stock transfer, I feel its not possible in standard.

Even with Custom development, it will not be achievable. Because, you may receive 100 qty. In stock, already, some 200 qty may be available. Out of 300, you may transfer 70 qty. How do you know which qty (From received lot i.e., 100 or In hand stock i.e., 200) you are going to transfer.

Also, if you have made 01 inspection type, then all qty should be checked in Quality before moving to unrestricted stock. So, no qty requires 08 inspection type.

I hope, I have understood your question correctly & answered appropriately. If not, please make me to understand your query again.