cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abuse reports being rejected

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the past week or two I have seen an increase in abuse reports being rejected. I normally report all duplicates in my activity feed. The latest reports were yesterday, and they were both rejected. Could one of the moderators/content owners provide an explanation as to why they were rejected? If the reports get rejected (although valid), I will just stop spending time reporting them.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3410466

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3409410

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

I got the following message on both threads:

Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here.

Regards,

Eduardo Rezende

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, so someone has approved the abuse reports now. Would be nice to know why they weren't approved initially.

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably the moderation queue.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I confess, I saw your discussion, and reported abuse on the two theads

Glad to hear it all worked out

I totally understand your frustration, meaning if your abuse report was rejected, it would be good to know why

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now both threads are visible again...

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've reported this to the moderator of the space and asked him why our abuse reports are rejected.  I will report back to you.

Thanks

Tammy

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The moderator of the space says he did not reject; he typically deletes duplicate threads.  Waiting to hear from the SCN Global moderators.  Thank you for your vigilance.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Both are now rejected + deleted.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for taking care of this, Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would still be nice to know why the abuse reports were initially rejected and why did the threads reappear after being hidden. Maybe we will never know...

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree; we will never know.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An abuse report can only be processed once. if the abuse report was rejected, the content approved, a message sent to the reporter, then this abuse report is gone from the queue. I strongly believe that either new abuse reports have been created after this discussion was posted (multiple abuse reports hide content automatically), or someone took some manual action after having seen this discussion.

I am actually disappointed too, because my abuse reports for cross posting get as well rejected frequently in specific forums, and only after complaining they get removed. I think this extra effort is not necessary. An abuse report can clearly be identified among the pre-moderation items. Further I am the opinion that it is important to communicate the decision, this is a proof that a moderator really dealt with the case and thought about the decision.

And it is not big deal either, you click the item to see the detail and get automatically a comment line too, enter a few words, click save and finally the button for the decision.

If you approve the content (reject the abuse) then the comment goes to the reporter, if you reject the content (approve the abuse) then the comment goes to the OP.

(the only one who never sees the comment for an item that was rejected or approved is the poor moderator)