Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDN account and removal of S-ID

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deal all,

Since 2004 I am a proud member of SDN. My SDN account is merged a while ago with my S-ID. Since I am not working for my former company anymore, my S-ID has been deleted yesterday.

This means I cannot access my SDN account anymore. Luckily my browser kept a cookie, so I can login at the moment.

Is it possible to unmerge my SDN account from my S-ID and login again with my email address?

I have 932 points and blogging, sharing knowledge. These points and moderation of the blogs are valuable for me.

Hope anyone can help me out.

Cheers,

Noël Hendrikx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do know that they can merge one S user ID with another S user ID. Do you have access to another S user ID? If not you will have to register to get a P user ID and then see if they can merge your S user ID with your new P user ID. In either way send an e-mail to sapnetwork@sap.com and provide both the old user ID and the new one and ask that they merge them.

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Samuli,

I have sent my P-ID to SDN and waiting for a merge now

Kind regards,

Noël

Former Member
0 Kudos

There goes my baby....

Hello Noel,

It is currently not possible to consolidate user IDs, merge the content and the points associated with it. I am sorry this is causing inconvenience at the moment for you. We know that it is common for SCN members to have multiple user IDs, due to several reasons, and we know that it is difficult for you to keep your reputation under one ID.

We are working to enhance our systems with a tool that would enable ID consolidation, but we don't know yet when it will be available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding

But.. I don't have multiple user ID's anymore. I'll send them another mail.

[FAKECODE]

var sdnAccount = new sap.sdn.common.sdnaccountbykey( "S000350xxx");;

sdnAccount.replaceKey( "S000350xxx", "Pxxxxxxxx");

sdnAccount.storeToDatabase( true );

sap.ui.commons.MessageBox.alert("Noel is happy again")

[/FAKECODE]

Keep you posted.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

SCN, not SDN... (Sorry: it's a pet peeve.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I am from the old days... 10 years ago it was SAP Developer Network as I remember it right

Cheers,

Noel

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Me too

It's just been hard to shake it off, I guess.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jikes...

Hello Noel,

I am sorry. I am afraid your request cannot be completed.

Is there any internal SCN database hacker around?

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

can you please forward me the email (o dot kohl at sap.com)? Please also put in you old and new SCN user ID.

Thanks,

Oliver

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Oliver for reconnecting me.

This means I can access my SCN account again, all blogs and posts I've written are back again. I lost all my points (> 900) & reputation but we can fix that when new merge functionality will be available for SCN accounts.

Cheers,

Noël

PS. Hope my posts won't be moderated anymore

Answers (0)