cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly loaded data are not updated into SPM portal reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Data is not updated into the SPM reports after the data loaded into SPM data targets.

Ex - I ran the report Spend By Supplier and restricted to one vendor, I got 10K as Spend for that Vendor. After that I update the Invoice data into BW using SPM data management and data loaded successfully into Invoice data flow. I do see Inovice cube & DSO are showing 13K but the report is not updated with 13K as SPEND.

Do I need to do anything after the data updated into SPM data targets to reflect the changes in SPM reports?

Appreciate your replies....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bidisha_tripathi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi prasanna,

have you refreshed data source, cleared precalc cache from BW backend using the precalc delete , clear and end clear function modules.

It may be taking data from precalc cache.

Refresh browser cache finally and run datasource.

Regards,

Bidisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bidisha,

I am able to see the updated data after refreshed the datasources in SPM portal.

Will it be a manual activity each time I load the new data into SPM data targets?

As per the John, I used a FM - OPM_DM_PRECALC_DELETE to delete the Cache, Is it the only one FM will be used to delete the Cache or any other steps need to do?

Do I need to clear the cache each time I load the new data into SPM data targets?

Thanks

Prasanna K

former_member257798
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1) FM - OPM_DM_PRECALC_DELETE is the program to clear the server cache. See entry below this for more FM.

2) Other people might disagree but, I believe that it should be a best practice to clear the cache at each load.  The cache is filled when reports are opened in the SPM interface. The first check for the system is to see if the cache has the requested values, if not found then it goes to the DB. I believe the report you requested had cached data so it did not go to the DB for the new data.

Message was edited by: John Harris

bidisha_tripathi
Explorer
0 Kudos

There are two more FM which you should use OPM_DM_PRECALC_CLEAR and OPM_DM_PRECALC_ENDCLEAR (This is similar to what you do In refresh data source in UI)

It is a best practice when you change something in query or data model to refresh data source or execute OPM_DM_PRECALC_CLEAR & OPM_DM_PRECALC_ENDCLEAR.

and OPM_DM_PRECALC_DELETE should be executed when you have loaded new data.

I agree to john that this must be done.As the report xmls are cached and saved in these precalc tables.

This is done to improve the performance of report running.

So when you have new data in reports you should delete the cache and rerun the report to add the tables with new cache.

Regards,

bidisha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member257798
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

If you have moved the data through the “release to reporting” tab and it says “Released”; that is enough to make it available to the users. You could check with BEX also. That would tell you if you have a data loading or user interface display issue. You could also empty the server cache and local browser cache, sometimes that is a good jumpstart. 

See these notes:

1848363 - Checking and clearing the SPM cache using ABAP tables “OPMDM_PRECALC*”

1766929 - How to compare a SPM query in SPM UI, SAP GUI and BEx

Kind Regards,

John Harris

Senior Support Engineer, SAP Active Global Support,

SAP America, Inc., 1001 Summit Blvd, #2100, Atlanta, GA 30319, USA