cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Function - Action maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community,

is it possible to create functions without using actions?

We created some functions with actions, but the result of our analysis was/is not correct.

We also tried to create functions with actions by using additional characters like $. But unfortunately our result was/is not correct again.

Now I would like to know, if there are any other additional characters for the field action, which could be used instead $?

Or is it generally possible to create functions without actions?

I really need some help / ideas and I am grateful for each reference / feedback!

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Canan,

Yes, its possible As Function is a combination of one or more Actions/Permissions.

You can create a Function Either with Action or Permission Or Both.

In Your Case:

1. Is it a Standard Action or Customized? If its a standard tcode The Function might be available, for this what you can do is go to Search and give Action and Search then you will get the list of Fuctions available for this Action.
  2. The result of your analysis was not correct as You might have missed to Link the Newly created Function to a RISK ID and to a Rule Set which is being used by You.

Regards,

Ramakrishna

Arif1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is possible and called object level permission. and if you add value S_TCODES =* then, user will get all action permission also.

Thanks,

Arif

jitan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Canan,

Its very much possible to create functions without actions. And as explained by Colleen you need to use "^!" as special character for DUMMY actions

Best Regards,

Jitan Batra

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Canan

You should be able to create a "critical permission" where Action is not required. An example of this would be S_DEVELOP for Debug

Here is a note related to uploaded permission only definitions

Note 1744355 - Permission rules without actions

For GRC 10, you can try to use the advise in the note and enter the "^!" with a description - e.g ^!ZDEBUG as the Action and then see if you can maintain permissions only.

In GRC 5.3 you would create a permission group instead and add the objects to it.

Regards

Colleen