cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP APO DP Key figure should retain value at aggregate level to detailed level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have a question on DP key figure setting. My requirement is keep the value at aggregate level and copy same value in detailed level. Th setting I am aware of is in key figures details we select aggregation column as 1.  I deinitialized planning area and opened Planning are in change mode however I see Aggregation column as disabled. Can someone advice if we need to any change in setting in APO BW key figure info object or any other settings in planning area to make the column Aggregation enable for me to select as 1 .

Thanks

Varma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you make the key figure Calculation Type 'A'  (Average) in the Admin Planning Area then the key figure value entered is cascaded down to the lower levels with the same value.

Kind Regards

Alistair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varma,

Aggregation field in details section of planning area will be active only for Order series key figures. If you are using Demand Planning, then your KF will be of time series. So settings through Aggregation field will not work out for you. This is used for SNP.

Instead, if your requirement is to maintain same value at both aggregation & detail level, you can change the calculation type to N-No calculation against that key figure in Key Figue Aggregation tab. This will ensure no aggregation happens and value at detail level will be same at aggregated level also

Thanks,

Rajesh Manoharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

Instead, if your requirement is to maintain same value at both aggregation & detail level, you can change the calculation type to N-No calculation against that key figure in Key Figue Aggregation tab. This will ensure no aggregation happens and value at detail level will be same at aggregated level also

Can you please elaborate.  I previously had a business requirement, and I tried this (this was under SCM 5.0 DP a couple of years ago).  Using 'N', the result was no aggregation or disaggregation.  The only data that could be saved at all was at the detailed level.  When the selection was at an aggregated level, no KF values were displayed in the PB.

I subequently solve the business problem in another way, using macros and an additional Key Figure.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

You are correct. I was suppose to write the last line as "This will ensure no aggregation happens and value at detail level will remain same at dissaggregated level". My mistake, I wrote it the other way.

In system, there won't be any value visible at aggregated level for the agrgegation calculation type = N.

But I am curious to know how did you manage to achieve this functionality, because the data at dissagregated level can be different. In such cases, at aggregate level, it's better to have only blank.

Thanks,

Rajesh Manoharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI DB 49,

We have similar requirement where key figure value should be same at aggregated and detailed levels. Our case it is just a Number, not Qty and is used for reference.

Can you please share more details on the macro used and process you have followed

Thanks in advance,

Reggie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh/DB 49,

I have a scenario where product say P1 is present in Location L1 and L2.

The requirement to show blank value for Safety Stock in Days at Aggregate level but show values at detailed level.

Please suggest how can that be established. I have tried ROW_CLEAR FM at AGG_LEVEL = 1 but then drill down value at detailed goes zero as well. I can't change the PA setting for KF to "N" which need PA deactivation and activation. Doing that in Production is not preference at the moment.

Regards,

Manish