cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failover cluster Manager

former_member184548
Participant
0 Kudos

We are trying to install MDM system with HA option, For this we need to create service manually in Failover cluster Manager.
When I am trying to create <New SAP Resource> in Failover cluster Manager , In the properties of New SAP Resource I am seeing only one node,  I am not seeing second node .

Please let us how to fix it.

Please check the screen shot for more info

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It looks you have not assigned both node to Service- ausmacmmp. Please assign both nodes to this service then you will get both nodes for service <New SAP Resource>.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member184548
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

I have made both the nodes as possible owners of the service. I have tried deleting the service and started to recreate the same.

1. Created server name resource with IP and disk. Then tried moving service to another node it was successful. Again moved back to node -1

2. Create file server and again  tried moving service to another node it was successful. Again moved back to node -1

3. Created Generec service for SAP service and then  again  tried moving service to another node it was successful. Again moved back to node -1

4. Last added SAP resource for sap instance and tried failover it was not happening. When checked in possible owners of this resource only node-1 is there. For other resource creation it automatically taking both nodes as possible owners. But when trying to create resouce as type SAP resource only node-1 is coming in possible owners.

Can you please help

Thanks

Atul

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I look at your screen shot then it shows preferred owners as empty. It means that when you have created service then both the nodes are not assigned to it. Could you please check it ?

Right click on the service ausmacmmp and go to Properties and there  you can assign both nodes to it.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member184548
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Sunny

The issue was SAP Cluster resource has only first node as owner. I have tried to add one more SAP resource with some differnet name and it automatically added second node in SAP cluster  and my problem ot resloved.

Thanks

Atul

Answers (0)