cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time-based traceability problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a case where BOM has same component in different rows with different ref_des values. And then we have material using this BOM that has lot size of 3. So all BOM rows have Qty_required as 3 in as-built summary report.

When using slot configuration with only one row without ref_des specified only the first row in BOM gets INVENTORY_ID assembled Qty_assembled = 3. I'd say that in this case there is a bug. However if we specify all the ref_des values to slot configuration we can get all components assembled. So this workaround is usable. This works if only one INVENTORY_ID is loaded against slot.

But in case we want to load multiple INVENTORY_IDs to one slot we cannot get any scenario working. As-Built summary report always shows only the first loaded INVENTORY_ID not all. BOM row material has time-based component type as CONTINUOUS.

And if we load multiple INVENTORY_IDs to the slot configuration that has no ref_des specified the the first INVENTORY_ID get assembled to the first BOM row, the second INVENTORY_ID to the second row etc.

By looking COMP_TIME_LOG -table after loading the components to slots all loaded INVENTORY_IDs are there but only the first loaded one has reasonable time in end time (something like year 2100) and the other have something like year 1900 as end time. After unloading the slot configuration all the time looks to be ok. This looks odd to me.

Anyway we have not found any way to get all INVENTORY_IDs assembled against all BOM rows  (same component but ref_des differs).

Can someone help here? For me it looks that As-built summary report has a bug.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

And of course I forgot to mention that we are using SAP ME 6.0.4.10.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I continued testing and noticed that after START of SFC the components are assembled and visible in as-built summary but after COMPLETE all the  components disappear. So something is really wrong here.

0 Kudos

Hi Petri,

There was a change to move time-based assembly from Complete to Start point. Disappearing of time-based assembly data after Complete is definitely a bug.

As concerns original issue, in the context of BOM, a component without Ref Des and a component with Ref Des are different entities. Thus I would expect slot to differentiate them also. Although online help says that Ref Des in a slot is used for "data collection purpose only", this does not seem to be true provided your results. So, to me, this looks like a design gap. But anyway the current behavior is not acceptable and should be changed to guarantee at least minimal consistency.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tested today with another 6.0.4.10 environment and the behaviour was exactly the same with assembling but the components stayed after Complete. So there might be something wrong in the first environment. However that does not solve the problem to get all INVENTORY_IDs assembled. I will continue testing with other environments (we have couple of more 6.0.4.10 environments and at least one 6.0.4.9)

Can you verify the functionality and share the results? We really need to get this working, I mean having multiple INVENTORY_IDs of continuous material loaded to the slot and get all assembled against each ref_des.

Br,

Pete

Former Member
0 Kudos

We tested this issue in one old 6.0.3.4 environment and there we were able to get all the components (multiple loaded INVENTORY_IDs) assembled correctly for all ref_des rows. However we faced the issue with all component disappearing from as-built after complete...

Br,

Pete

0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

It can happen on condition System Rule 'Time-Based Resource (Genealogy)' is not set to True.

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I noticed that myself also.

Br,

Pete

Answers (0)