cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Master data creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

To test performance of my report i need to have 20K customer master records. but i don't have those many customers in my system. Is there any way to copy one customer to 20K customers(just by changing customer number) ..?.

Regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Hope you are doing this in Development (Sandbox) server.

In SAP Standard you will have to create each Customer manually. But you can create multiple Customers via LSMW / BDC were just by maintaining data in Excel sheet, you can create any number of Customers in SAP.

But please note that deleting these test Customers will be a task in itself.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Jignesh is absolutely correct.

You can run a LSMW/BDC of 20K customers by creating an excel sheet.

but deleting those for further testings will be tough.

Regards

AG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

As it was already mentioned, you can use LSMW or BDC . I assuem you can use tcode XD01 to create customer records from scratch or with reference to existing record. maybe creating with reference will make sense as you would need less fields to populate in your script.

The other option you could try - using IDOCs of type DEBMAS. You can prepare one IDOC which creates custoemr record and then create 20k duplicates and send them to your system.

Praveen, please also ensure that number range assigned to your customer accoutn group that you plan to use will be enough to craete 20k records.

Thanks & regards,

Vlad