cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSM: How to add new step in Create Service Request?

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fellow Members,

Has anyone tried adding new step to create Service Request guided procedure in ITSM?I have an Idea , Create Service Request screen has, by default, 3 steps.

1. Select Categot

2. Enter Service Request Data

3. Confirmation

Would not it be nice if there is one more step called "4. Attachments"  ( as seen in Incident creation screen) ? We get Aattachment tab inside a Service Request ticket after it got created, not during a creation? How could SAP be missing this in standard Service Request feauture? Any thoughts ???

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

younmazz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

Have look at below link .. I did enhance ITSM webui - GAP Service Request SM 7.1. SP13. you need webui development skill to do this .   

Regards,

Jin

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. Now I can sleep in peace after almost 2 years

younmazz
Participant
0 Kudos

I might have helped you if I would have found and replied your post 2 years ago..

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek - can you share where is the setting maintained to default the guided procedure to ZMIN ?

Currently the end user is getting a pop-up with SMIN and ZMIN option?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thank you very much for information.

Tatjana

former_member187281
Participant
0 Kudos

Good day:

A year later but somebody may run into this request and may be looking for some input.  Below my 5 cents.

In summary Your component is AIC_SRVO_G, so

1.  You need to enhance it via transaction BSP_WD_CMPWB.  There are instructions in SCN on how to do this.

2.  Open up the enhanced component and you will enhance view AIC_SRVO_G/GuidedCreateService by right-clicking on the view.

3.  Click on Configuration Tab for that view and there you can add your new steps providing sequencing,

Note: Just keep in mind you may want to to create a New Configuration for that view prior making your changes.  You can do that here, or later on in the WebUI.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Juan

Another day with bread on the table, means you are luckier than billions of people today in the world. Always remember to share and to let other ones go first, at least every now and then.

0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

could you please provide more detailed information. I am no expert in using ui component workbench.

Regards

Christina

former_member187281
Participant
0 Kudos

My apologies Christina for this late answer.  I may have passed the notification.

I am not going to ask what exactly you are looking for.

1. To enhance a component, there are many scns.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/CRM/How+To+Enhance+a+Web+UI+Component+in+SAP+CRM

2.  Once you do that initial part, edit the enhanced object still with BSP_WD_CMPWB.  On the view you are about to change, see the picture above, before you make any changes, right click on the view and select enhance. 

3.  The you can start making your changes or the ones we mentioned above. 

Regards,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I have the same problem that you defined here. Can you tell me, please, did you find solution?

Thanks in advance,

Tatjana

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tatjana,

I could not configure this feature via customization, so I had to hire an ABAPEr to do the coding for me to get this functionality.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

how difficult is the development for this new step ?

maybe it will implement in the further release.

We're in SP10, same issue, I currently checking for a workaround.

Thanks for your help.

Thomas

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I guess the implementation with the help of CRM UI Developer could be achieved within a week ( since the view and components are already available in Incident creation self service screen, a smart developer can copy paste the codes and views from this screen ) . I tried myself some copy paste stuffs and it partially worked too ( I had zero knowledge on CRM UI development then).

I have moved on to new client since I posted this question. In the current client we have SP12 and I don't think SAP has provided this feature as of SP12( may be in to-do list of SAP, but long forgotten ).

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Vivek,
I'm also stuck with this problem. Could you please provide some more information about copypasting that you've been talking?

I tried myself some copy paste stuffs and it partially worked too ( I had zero knowledge on CRM UI development then).

What did you use? What was the rough procedure? (Asking, cause I am completely new to SAP world)
Thanks in advance
Borys

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I also find it very strange that the "add attachment" is foreseen on the guided Incident Creation, but not on the guided Service Request creation. Especially since, as you said, it is possible to add attachments to the Service Request after the creation.

By any chance, have you meanwhile found another solution than asking a CRM UI Developer to create the view?

Kind regards,

Joyca

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca,

I tried all means to configure this extra step but could not get any meaningful result. Finally I had to take help from Developers to achieve it.

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Were you able to find a solution for this?

Kindly Regards

Nicolai

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolai,

We could not find any configuration to do this. So only option is to go for development option. May be CRM UI Developer should be able to help you create the required view.

Regards,

Vivek

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I found that some days ago on wiki, is for GPA it seems that you can do something similar.

http://www.google.es/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCcQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwiki.scn.sap.com%2Fwiki...

Hope that can be usefull,  I will need something similar soon,

Best regards,

Luis