cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM Putaway strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Here i have selected Putaway strategy I - additon to stock  (without capacity check) and allowed Mixed storage in storage type (Addition to Stock) so that no of materials will go into the same Bin.

But when i posted the GRN for 5 materials , system is creating a TO which showing different bin for each material, here if Mixed materials are allowed , then why system is not showing one bin instead of 5?

Also when new material has come and no Bin is empty , then system is unbale to find any bin which is already partially filled with other materials. please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshad,

For Putaway strategy I - additon to stock , system looks at QUANT for same material. If no entry found it leave the destination bin as BLANK. This might be the reason, bin is empty in your case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshad,

I assume you have marked both "mixed storage" and "Addition to existing stock" with 'X'. Also, please try the checkbox 'Allow addn to stock' in Material Master > WM 1 view.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mixed storage is not allowed together with addition to stock, please see the docu:

Strategy I: Addition to Existing Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Jurgen L. Mixed Storage Activation for a Storage type for Putaway Strategy "Addition to existing stock" is not permitted.