cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping in PI 70

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

When i open the message mapping (PI70/jre1.4.2_19), the Object Tool bar function - Map Selected Fields and Substructures
if Names Are Identical
is disabled. As per my project i need to do 1-1 mapping for more than 500 fields. so this option is very much helpful...insted of doing manually one by one.

Please suggest how to enable that option 'Map Selected Fields and Substructures if Names Are Identical' in object tool bar...do we need additional roles to my User...or any basis settings required..

Best Regards,

Prasanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

What is your java version?, try to use the Java version 1.4.2.

Regards.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try to save the jnlp file for IR and then open with javaws which you can find under the Java 1.4 folder. make sure you close all other IR, ID windows before you open IR with Java 1.4

Hope this helps

Regards,

Zameer

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems to be purely JDK version issue. Uninstall other version if existing and keep only JDK 1.4.2_19 and relaunch the Builder. It should work.

As far as JDK version is concern, JRE1.4.2_19 is compatible with SAP PI 7.0.

U can run "javaws -viewer" or "javaws -Xclearcache" and delete the entries as well.

Hope it helps.!

Regards,

Sunil

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sure you have java 6 or 7. Downgrade to 4 or 5.

It is sh*t, but SAP still does not seem to be able to be compatible with the latest java versions.

I use a command file myself, because since I have java 7, this seems to be the only way to have PI working correctly. Even jws (java web start) does not work under 7 anymore (windows 7, 64 bit)

see also this discussion:

http://scn.sap.com/message/14021919#14021919

former_member208404
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

If the structures are identical you will have to select the top most node on both source and target messages and your 'Map Selected Fields and Substructures' should be enabled as below.

Refer to the pics in sequence (pic1->pic2->pic3).

Hope this helps!

Abhishek