cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help required on Alerts PI 7.3 Dual Stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

Help required configuration on Alerts...

I done below steps

1. I create a Alert Category

2. Alert Rule

3. I Configured SCOT settings

when i run the report RSALERTTEST  alert was trigger  but my INbox follows below error:

please go through the attachment for error description:

please let me know which steps  i missed?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Vimalsap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the Long Text portion of your configuration. It should contain container variable defineds with &. Example

During transfer of the following message the error occured: &SXMS_ERROR_CODE&.

Check and see if this can solve your issue.

Regards

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everything is defined correctly still the problem is same the container variables used are not getting populated in the email we get ,when i trigger manually using RSALERTTEST in SE38 with input as Alert category defined/created

can you shre me your thoughts regarding the issue

i am on SAP PI 7.1 version

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies,

I trigger error code in Message mapping , i run the report still it populating only text not as per system variables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raman,

As per the above Screnshot messages are in Waiting status.For the Message Status WAITING or TBD or DELIVERING alerts willnot be triggered.

If messages are failed then only Alerts gets triggered.

Please crosscheck your container obejcts ,for your reference pls follow this link

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3804

As Gagan Mentioned since you using PI 7.3 you can give try to Component based message alerting( More simplified compared Classical alert Configuration) .

Regards,

Shri

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i don't see any error in this. as per your configuration it is working fine.

make any message error in IE or AE.

your email alert body will give you complete text with populating all the container variable.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think that is an error. It is the text for a test alert generated by the system. Had you configured the container variables in the alert category, they would get filled by the system at runtime. I think your configuration is good and working.

VJ