SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Contract Account creation

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We create student master record using PIQSTC, it creates contract account in background with company code and company code group say AAA.

I am doing a rollout for company code BBB and want to create student with correct company code and company code group. Is there any way to manage this.

I have checked that :

STUDACCT AUTOCREATE X Automatic Contract Acct Creation/Update is activated and

the value field in STUDACCT COCDGRP                      Default Company Code Group is blank.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

8 REPLIES 8

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a slight modification to the above requirement. User wanted to create student number based on various company codes. System shall have a provision to record the company code in PIQSTC and assign a number internally from different number range. Do we have any BADI/FM available to read the company code and create and assign different number to student automatically.

This will also create contract account with the same number range and assign company code and company code group according the value provided in field.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Vinod,

Can you tell how are  you planning to let system know this student belong to XYZ company code?

Regards,

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat, I intend to use Assigned Org Unit as identifier.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat, how I can assign two different number ranges to student based on assigned org unit.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Vinod,

But at the time of student number assignment assigned Org unit doesn't exist in database.

Regards,

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

I will enter this value in study tab. If not assigned org unit than I can use Campus. The requirement is unique. I can change student number using PIQSTU1 but it will not change the BP number associated with it.

Does having ST number and BP number from different number ranges will have any impact on archiving?

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Vinod,

If you are using SAP delivers transaction to re-assign number range then I don't see any issue.

Regards,

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

We created one z field and reading the information based on entries into this field. Badi for student number assignment is working fine.