cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS-element field in Reservation

y_kenzhebek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello to everyone, please could you please help me to resolve this issue.

We plan material for a project, through reservation to Network with material component (415 MvT). It is not known in advance if unrestricted stock exists, or it has to be procured from vendor. For this, MRP for project is intended to determine, and if required, created Planned Order after MRP run (Purchase Requisition consequently).

For unrestricted use stock to be considered in MRP, we set indiv./coll. field in MMR (MRP4 tab) to value 2.

After this, we cannot create reservation to WBS-element, bot only to Network (Error CN755 - An alternative account assignment/stock assignment is not possible). Otherwise, MRP run does not consider unrestricted use stock.

The problem with this reservation, it does not retrieve the value of WBS-element, and during the goods movement with reference to it (MIGO), it asks to fill a WBS-element, even though no field is open.

We tried to customize 415 MvT, define WBS-element field there, but no way to resolve this.

We could do one of two things:

1. Open WBS-element field in goods movement

2. Pass the value of WBS-element to reservation, considering Indic./Coll. field in MMR (MRP4) must be 2 (Coll.).

I surfed this forum many times, and have already read many discussions, but no use. If someone faced this issue before, and successfully resolved this, or could know ho to do this, please share your experience.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you want to use plant stock and not project stock you do not need the reservation to be assigned to the WBS element.  When you post the goods issue the costs will be charged to the network activity and at settlement the costs will flow to the WBS element.

If you were using project stock the correct movement type for project stock is 415Q.

When you post a goods issue from plant stock to a reservation from a network there is no need to enter a WBS element.  Did you change the standard configuration? 

y_kenzhebek
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am sorry I have not determined the issue. The point is, we would like to reserve unrestricted stock into a project stock, and post a goods issue from project stock. In fact, this is a reservation for a transfer posting.

Thank you Ken for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, the reservation can only be for plant or project stock.

You can use material availability checking to "hold" material.

Material can be transferred from Plant to project stock and vice versa, but if you use that process you are not using MRP appropriately.

Another solution is to look at PS Requirements Grouping.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are setting Indi/Collective indicator "2" means it plant stock and never see the project. Costs will hit Cost Center when posted GR and upon consumption you will see the credit posting to WBS and debit to Cost Center.

There is no option available to reserve the unrestricted stock material. As already Ken suggested, you can use transfer posting from Plant to WBS vice versa and do the consumption at WBS level.

Hope above makes sense.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

A point of correction...with plant stock, at GR the material is received into inventory (and posted into a balance sheet account), they aren't charged to a cost center.  At GI the value is debited to the Network or WBS Element and the inventory account is credited.  Balance Sheet accounts do not have Cost Elements and hence postings are not assigned to a CO object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ken. You reply noted.

y_kenzhebek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar, thank you for your reply.

If this idea is not available in standard configuration, what would you suggest to plan unrestricted stock? Creating reservations manually for MvT 415 (transfer from unrestricted use stock to project stock) is the only option that I suggested to our customers, but they want to reserve it from Project Builder, i.e. automatically. They decide themselves whether to issue these stocks after that, or not. Since the stock is in project stock, it is considered as already reserved, that is why they do not see any point to create reservations for 281 or 221 MvT (GI).

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may implement in this scenario in another way as create reservation manually via MB51 transaction then GI in MIGO transaction with the reference of reservation number and Goods movement would be 221 for wbs, 261 for network.

in this case when you GI to wbs cost will incurred at wbs level.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yerzhan,

What type of Project Stock are they selecting on the Project Header?  This has a very large impact on this discussion.

If your customer has selected valuated project stock they must do a GI from inventory to the project for the costs to hit the project, otherwise the costs stay in inventory.

I would not create manual reservations if you cna avoid it because someone will always forget to create them and the MRP calculations will be messed up.

Ken

y_kenzhebek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ken.

We use valuated project stock, and this is one of the reasons we need to move inventory from unrestricted stock to project stock.

As I understood, we cannot use PS-generated reservations for MvT 415, to transfer unrestricted stock to project stock. On the other hand, it is not useful to create these reservations manually.

If you have any other suggestions please share your experience. Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So with Valuated Project Stock you will need to issue the mateiral to the project in order for the values to be charged to the project.  But you do not need to do it from Project stock.  When you post a 281 or 261 the costs will be incurred.

What requirement are you trying to meet when you say you need to move from Unrestricted to Project stock?

y_kenzhebek
Explorer
0 Kudos

It is required to determine all stocks for definite purpose (projects).

Our customer wants to know, what was the purpose of purchasing the stocks. Either it goes to definite PM Order (PM guys deal with it), either it goes to projects (we deal with it), or it goes to sales order.

This is the reason they want to post goods issues from project stock, and not from unrestricted use stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then you should not do Plant Stock, you should do Project Stock.  That way all of the inventory is kept separate.

Or, if you use plant stock you can look at the pegging to see how the supply and demands are linked.  This is a soft link and could change every time MRP runs. 

I will say if makes no sense to create plant stock reservations to run MRP and purchase material and then transfer material to project stock, and then issue it a project.  This is a lot of manual work with no benefit.

y_kenzhebek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, now we are considering another scheme of dealing with stocks in projects.

Now we will try to use purchase requisitions from PS, with item category U, for the purpose of transferring them further in STO, to transfer goods from central plant.

As we make a decision on it, I will share our experience.

Thanks in advance.