Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

derived role authorization tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

I created a derived role from a master role and the authorization tab is RED for both roles.Under the profile for both roles it says profile match up required.I even did profile comparison using PFUD.Can anyone help me.

Thanks,

J D

5 REPLIES 5

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Jim,

do the following try generating the master role first and then

select the adjust generate derived roles button (should be next to the profile generation button). Once done it should solve your problem.

Let me know if it helps.

Also profile comparision (using PFUD or PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY) is to make sure that the user buffer has the most recent profiles of the corresponding roles attached.

Cheers,

Manohar

Message was edited by:

Manohar Kappala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Try to execute the following steps:

1. Come out of derived role and select the master role from which the derived role was derived

2. Go into change mode and select authorizations tab, select change authorization data button

3. Select "Generate Derived Roles" button (between generate and delete button on top).

Hope it helps.

Please award points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

To generate the both the roles

1. First goto the parent role in change mode and then click on the authorization tab and then click on the change authorization data and then save the role here and generate the role. (This will generate only the parent role).

2. To generate the derived roles don't need to goto the derived role in the parent role itself goto the change authorization data in the authorization button, click on the menu option Authorizations, under that click on adjust derived and then under that save the derived role and then Generate the derived role.

but incase if you have changed anything in the derived role itself, you can save and generate in the derived role.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out the solution myself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out the solution myself.