cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing division in material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

My requirement is changing material division in material master.

If i change division in material master, where it is effect in sd module.

What are the prerequisites to change division in material master.

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Simple suggestion is to create a new Material Code with new division and transfer existing Stock of Material Code in New Material Code.

Effect if Division changed in Material Master

1) Reports will have effect as your old same Material code will be showing Division based report for previous transactions differently and new differently

2) Pricing Procedure Determination will be wrong as Division is the part of it's determination.

3) Free Goods Determination can have effect. Any other Determination Process which has Division in part will have effect.

4) Any of the Condition Records which has Division as part of Condition Table will not be determined correctly. (Ex. Pricing / Accounts or any other Functionality)

Also in addition to Division you will have to check other Fields which will also have to be changed. For example dependent Material Group, Tax Classification, Material Account assignment Group or any other.

Regards,

MJ.

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

Here my requirement is,

Previously we are created material in liquid division,

now business wants to change division from liquid to jelly products division.

With liquid division so many transactions has done previously and material stock is there in storage location.

If I change division in material master where it will effect.

And let me know the process for change division.

Note: here we are using sales analysis reports based on division, for reports old sales data also appear as for changes.

Thanks in-advance. 

former_member190778
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kmkrishha,

According to your concern, I have mentioned in my earlier post that it will Not Effect your previous Sale documents I.e Contract, Sale Order , Delivery Order and Invoice. Now you are require to change devision. I would Suggest you to Create New Material from transactions MM01, it would be benificial for your business process but If you chnage devision you have to go for MM02 there are many views to have to Go through, i am Going to mentioned you some tabs i.e in Basic Data 1 Change > (Basic Unit of Measure, Division & Lab Office) & in Sale Organizayion 1 tab Change > (Basic Unit of meansure & Division) & in Sale organization 2 > (Material pricing Group & Material Groups ) you can change as per business requirement & views in General sale/plant ETC.

Plus If u get a return from Previous Sale with your old division, it would give you error while creating return of the same Material as you know return has to create with reference to billing document so it would copy your previous division in your documents.

But still i would say You go for creating New material for good paractice. if u feel any ambiquity please lemme know.

Regards,

Suhaib Bin Aziz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

My suggestion would remain the same as i've mentioned earlier, you need to consider active condition records i.e. Monthly Prices, Rebates, Surcharges/Discounts etc. Better to create new MMR for Jelly Product and set the deletion flag for previously created MMR having Liquid division so that it won't effect Analysis Reports and Business Area triggering with respect to Plant and Division. For inventory if this is really a genuine requirement you can post inventory differences after making necessary changes. Plus when you will get the Return from a Customer (after the creation of new MMR) in that case you need to create Return with reference to the Billing Document having Jelly Product as a Division. Changing Division might not be the best soln. so better to check up with your requirement in detail as choice is totally yours. Thanks.

former_member190778
Participant
0 Kudos

My dear KMKRISHNA,

First of All you please explain your scenario that what sort of effect you are talking about? if you have completed the sale flow document processing from Sale Order till Invoice, after then u change the division in MM? and want to see the effect? or before. kindly explain it first because there are so many scenarios if we talk about sd module as its very vast field. please explain?

Thanks!

Suhaib Bin Aziz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

From My Side following points ..

1> It  causes at pricing procedure determination if the sales doc type is with item division.

2> It also effect the business area determination at PGI level.

3> It also effect the EXICE Invoice ( if it is present )

4> Also effect the existing Z Report 

Regards

Sohan

former_member216345
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

As mentiond by Mahendra, the impact of changinh the Material division is very high, hence it must not be done.

Re-Create the Material with new divisoin and post a Material to Material transfer Material.

Regards,

Onkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the system allows you to change the division in master even after having transactions for that division ,then you may need to check the accounting entries. Take one accounting document before changing the division and after changing the division and you an understand the division. Mainly you need to check on business area combination because mostly business area mapped to division only.

Raneesh C N

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If any transactions happens, I dont think, system will allow to change the Division since it is client specific and not SD or MM specific.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kmkrishna,

Division can be changed in MMR for a particular Material however to ensure the correct Reporting Analysis you can create new Material with the same description and desired Division by putting Deletion Flag on the previous one. If the break up of Sale is based on the division and you don't want any compromise on it then i think you should go for new material creation because in case of Division change everything will be updated at newly created Sale Documents. By the way can you please share the business requirement of doing the same. Thanks.

former_member190778
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear KMKRISHNA,

If you Change the division in Material Master, it will effect your All Sale Flow & Sale Documents i.e Contract, Sale Order, Delivery Order and then invoice. As Contract & Sale Order has been created on the combination of Sale Organization, Distribution Channel and Division which is called Sale Area and moreover other sale documents has been created with reference to previous documents so it will copy over from copy Control settings in Sale Documents. So firstly you have to give your proposed division to the initial screen while creating Sale Order with T-Code VA01 Sale order Creation i.e:

As Contract and sale order has been made on specific Sale Area. so we have to give correct division which has been maintained in Material master Data. and further you also look upon other material master settings i.e Material Groups etc.

If you feel Any ambiguity,, Feel free to ask. Hope it will help you. 😃

Regards,

SUHAIB BIN AZIZ

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kmkrishna,

Material is always specific to a division. if u want to change its MM02 the change will get reflected in the other document which you will create from now.

Coming to prerequisites to change division in material master depend on scenario to scenario, so if you can give a brief, then its will be good for us to reply.

Thanks,

Sumeet Sah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes  K MKrishna  if you change the division this will effect in the doc of the  line item, can you specify what is your requirement of changing the division in the master. Thanks Sukant Chakraborthy