cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget error in MR8M, while cancelling invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mentors,

We are facing a problem during invoice cancelling using MR8M. Its shows the budget exceeded error for the WBS.

Error:"Budget Exceeded by 5348400 INR in doc item 005 WBS element A.01.111."

Invoice posting period: 2013

PO is of year 2013.
The PO was prepared with TAX.

We are maintaining Overall Budget and the status of the WBS is ‘REL BUDG ISBD AVAC’.

Available budget is Rs 42997/- for the WBS

It is a partial invoice, and no price difference is there.

We have already implemented the sapnote_0001418197, but it didn't resolved our issue.

Please suggest the solution and why this error is coming. Your suggestion would be appreciable.

Thanks and regards,

Amlan Neogi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amlan,

Please check Budget report for WBS element in t code S_ALR_87013558 and check how much actual cost has been posted against the total budget. Also check line item report of actual cost and check if there are any wrong postings.

Since status of WBS element is ISBD which is petaining to Insufficient Budgetting, check if Budget amount is insufficient. If yes, please try increasing the budget.

If you feel postings are correct and there is no chance of increasing the budget, follow below steps,

1. Run T Code CJBW for WBS element and deactivate Availability Control.

2. Try to reverse invoice through MR8M

3. Run T code CJBV for WBS element to activate Availability Control.

This should resolve your issue.

We have also faced similar type of issue in our project and we have followed above steps to resolve the issue.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tushar,

Thank you for your valuable time. I had already suggested my client  as per the sapnote_0000509162,  to deactivate and do the cancellation. They are not ready to accept this solution, neither the want to increase the budget.

The GR is complete for the material, so actual cost for the project is already been captured. System has allowed user to create invoice with the same user status of the WBS.

I am not able to understand why system is checking budget at the time of cancellation. It’s a partial invoice and during cancellation it’s adding the entire GR value of the material with commitment and checking budget. This leads to a huge amount of insufficient budget error.

Please provide your valuable feedback.

Thanks and regards,

Amlan Neogi

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amlan,

I think your problem can be related with functionality the explained in Note 46564. The system doesn't cancel the invoice if not it creates a credit memo then the budget availability control is checked again. Could you check if this can be the reason?

Regards,

Clara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amlan,

In S_ALR report, please check how much amount is shown in Commitment. You can try alternatively checking in CJI5 for open commitments if there are any.

Secondly for PO pertaining to your Invoice, please check if you have marked 'Deliv.Completed' indicator or 'Final invoice' if invoice is final.

I remember facing one issue where user was getting error of Budget excedded when trying to post invoice.At that time we have suggested user to mark 'Final Invoice' indicator in PO and subsequently trying to post invoice. It has worked.

Would suggest you to try this in test system first.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tushar,

Thank you for your reply. Commitment in S_ALR report and CJI5 is same.

For PO, the Inv. Receipt and GR-Bsd IV are marked, but the final invoice is not marked, because, client has created partial invoice, so i believe that’s why 'Final Invoice' has not been marked.

I have tried to create same scenario in test system, and with WBS with ISBD status, I successfully cancelled the invoice.

For this particular invoice why system is behaving like this not able to understand.

Thanks and regards,

Amlan Neogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amlan,

In that case, I would suggest you to compare configurations and other data in test system as well as Prod system.

Regards

Tushar