Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter is in error state

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have File to RFC [Synchronous scenario ].

File adapter will pick the XML files from the FTP server and send it to PI. The communication channel is not picking the files, it is suddenly stopping.

The status is showing error state. but when i ping the channel everything is the connection, port, directory sender agreement etc.

when i stop and start the communication channel, it is picking and processing the files normally.

Like this it is happening daily minimum 10 - 15 times, every time i'm starting and stop the communication channel.

Please let me know how to over come this issue, without any manual interference.

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the inputs.

Actually there is some problem in the java engine, apart from this issue, i also noticed the issues like

--> No SLD registered while opening the component monitoring.

--> Messages are failed with system error status [ HTTP 503].

--> connection b/w abap engine and java engine is not working. due to this, messages are successfully processed but in TBDL state in RWB and not visible in abap engine.

--> Connection between ESR and ID also not working.

Solution: Restart the PI server.

Regards

Bhargava krishna

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bhargava,

Please try to make your connection passive. it will work.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava,

Can you please check if the lock is getting acquired on the channels?

got to nwa>>resource monitoring>>locks

Here you can find the locks acquired by system.

We were facing same issues so we removed locks and the issue was resolved.

One more point is please check whether you connection is Active or passive. Normally it should be passive.

Regards,

Rahul Kulkarni

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've checked the locks, everything is fine. currently there are files in the directory but it is not picking.

when i ping the channel, it is showing like this.

Really it is weird, when i stop and start the communication channel, the files are processed.

Regards

Bhargava krishna

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhargava krishna,

I know that phenomenon. What I normally do is do a slight change in the Integration Builder to the Channel, for example add a blank in the Description, save and activate.

If that does not help either, create a new channel and delete the erroneous one.

Best regards,

Peter

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

My question is why it is stopping suddenly and working fine after restart the communication channel.

Regards

Bhargava krishna

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhargava krishna,

I do not know the reason for this behaviour. It sometimes happens in our environment to certain FTP channels. It is not predictable and not logical to me either.

Best regards,

Peter

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava,

The problem could be in the FTP server that it doesn't accept to use the same connection, you could try with Connect Mode: Per file transfer, and with each file transfer a new connection will be established.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What's the error message u r getting? Define timeout parameter in ur sender file channel and then check?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

i already set the parameter timeout parameter to 60 seconds.

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ok, what's the error message u r getting in ur channel? It looks like ur channel is getting hanged and when u do start/stop it again starts picking files.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

It is not showing any error just stopping to pick the files from the FTP server.

when i stop and start the channel it is picking the files and working fine.

one more point i've noticed here is poll interval is set to 60 seconds, but in the FTP server it is Files are not placing for every 60 seconds.

will it be a problem?

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>one more point i've noticed here is poll interval is set to 60 seconds, but in the FTP server it is Files are not placing for every 60 seconds.

If there are no files on the FTP server then ur channel should show this kind of logs...

So if in case u r not seeing such kind of logs then i believe ur channel is getting hanged.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

i can see the same log, without message id. but in my case it is showing the log, even there are files in the directory.

so may be when there are no files in the directory it is hanging after few mins and it is not coming to the actual state right?

so how to overcome this issue.

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't think that there is any proper solution for this kind of erratic behavior...may be u can try Peter's suggestion and see if it works?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

I would have been very happy to see a solution/explanation for this. My colleague and me have not figured it out yet.

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Generally i have noticed this kind of erratic behavior when the timeout parameter is not defined in the sender file channel which resulted into blocking of connections and eventually messages are not getting picked up, but in Bhargava's case since he has already defined this parameter in sender channel so eventually this possibility is ruled out...

@Bhargava,

Put timeout parameter as 30 or 45 secs and then check?

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1932990

Thanks

Amit Srivastava