cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP On MAXDB Memory Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ALL,

We have our SAP instances running on Linux and MAX-DB (EHP5).

I have Allocated 4 CPUS and 12 G.B of RAM, we have 15 users working on this instance.

I have observed one thing is that SAP is not consuming entire 12 G.B of RAM, the average used resource is 6 GB of RAM, due to which we have some performance issues.

Is There some SAP profiles where in i can  force SAP to use this  amount of RAM and MAXDB to Use this amount of RAM and reserve some for OS to boot. Average time to open nodes under SPRO it is taking 30-35 seconds.

Please help me in tuning my SAP and DATABASE i am new to this performance tuning.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Vardhan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

Thanks for your reply,

That helped me a lot in tuning my SAP.

Is there anything  like  "PHYS_MEMSIZE" where we can assign fixed memory to sap,

any parameter towards database  where we can allocate fixed memory to my database maxdb.

Thanks,

Vardhan.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri

If you have defined the profile parameters 'es/implementation=STD' then setting this parameter "PHYS_MEMSIZE" is not required. ( as per the SAP Note 941735 'The three profile parameters used with the implementation MAP  (em/address_space_MB, em/max_size_MB and PHYS_MEMSIZE) are not relevant if you use the STD implementation.)

Thanks
Ram