SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Retail 2-Step Pricing - DC Transfer %

karmandeep_nanuan
Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I had a few questions pertaining to 2-step pricing. I've read through most of the discussions on the topic but there were few areas which were not covered in the discussions. I've done all the config for 2-step pricing and Retail pricing in general. I have two questions I hope you experts can help me out with.

1) We have our planned mark up at distribution chain 1000/10 [i.e. 50%], which applies to the final POS sales price, the 2nd step. Then we have the markup which is applied at distribution chain 1000/30, the DC markup [i.e. 5%] on the vendor purchase price (1st step). We can set the 1000/10 markup in AUFS condition type at Sales Org/Distribution Channel/Merchandise Category level. Where do we set the DC markup (up charge) for 1000/30? Where the DC markup is dependent on the DC and the Merchandise Category level. Would I need to create an addition to the AUFS access sequence to include DC/Merchandise Category or is it applied else where?

2) Lets say we have both markups set up correctly and the config is in order, what entries are required in VKP5 to execute the Retail Price for one article and one store for a 2-step pricing relevant article (i.e. Vendor -> DC -> Store procurement)

Vendor Purchase Price = $5.00/EA

DC Markup = 5%

Store Markup = 50%

Do we have to enter the Sales Org, Distribution Channel, Article and Store in the VKP5 input screen or can we just enter the article and store? Will the system calculate the Retail Price for both steps, i.e. Sales price for Vendor to DC ($5.00 + 5% = $5.25) and Sales price for DC to Store ($5.25 + 50% = $7.88)?

In VKP5, when I enter just the article and store as the input criteria, and not the distribution chain, I get two entries, the above, correct, entry and another entry where 50% markup is applied to the original vendor purchase price of $5.00, i.e. $5.00 + 50% = $7.25, which is an irrelevant calculation. I think this happens because I entered the 50% markup for Distribution chain 1000/10 and the Merchandise Category, as the DC also is extended to distribution chain 1000/10, the system applies the 50% markup to the DC 'purchase price'.

Should I consider adding another table to the AUFS condition table which is Sales Org/ Distribution Channel/ Merchandise Category/ Site Category. This way the 50% markup will only apply to the receiving stores and not the DCs?

Can you please let me know what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,

D

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

In the above scenario U have 2 distribution chains that is 1000/10 that is store distribution chain and an other one is 1000/30 that is dc distribution chain.Now its very clear that in 2 step prising we we are calculating sales price in two different manners....one for store and another one is for dc.So acc...to you markp for dc is 5% actually affter giving markup the calculated price is dc sales price and the price we are getting from vender is dc puchase price and on that we are putting markup that is 5%.this mark up we have to give for the combination of sales org/distribution channel/merchandise category.actullay this price is not geeting calcullated for site that is dc this is getting calcullated for dc chain level.after this dc sales prices gets transfer to stores that is called in technical terms dc transfered price.this price moves to stores and again on the store distribution chain level we give markup to calculate store sales price for that particlar article.acc...to you that is 1000/10 and markup is 50% but this markup is given on that transfered price that is coming from dc (sales price of dc) and this is the purchase price for store on this we give markup that is 50%.

Now if you go to t.code VKP5 only you have to put sales org and distribution chain both and article at a time.... now when the system calculates sales  price for that article that is listed to both the distribution chain its shows two sales prices for both distribution chains.using list variants you can restructure the table in vkp5 t.code.in spro retail sales pricing.

I hope it will help you more to understand and resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards

NIKHIL DWIVEDI