Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PCo Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Posting after a very long time, here is the problem,

We have SAP PCo set up to post notifications to MII which will generate some more messages to SAP and PI.

The solution is working fine but the problem is in Error Handling,

For Example, If a notification message encounters an error in MII transaction, I want the message to available in PCo for reprocessing or further analysis.

In this case, SAP PCo is logging error in its own logs, but the message is not available again for processing at later time.

Another issue that we are facing is that, some how after a while, PCo instances loses connection with MII and fails to deliver the notification to MII. The error that are logged are "Invalid MII version" but once we restart the PCo instance, the messages are forwarded successfully. why does this issue arises.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks

Rupesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Which versions of PCo and MII have you deployed?

Regards,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

We  have SAP PCo 2.1.3 and MII 12.1.7 (Build 40).

Cheers

Rupesh

former_member329434
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

PCo instances will automatically go down every 30 minutes or so  if your PCo runs on a demo or  on a temporary licensed version.

Please check.

Thanks,

Suman

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

You should also consider and update to PCo 2.3 SP2.  We have made many performance improvements to PCo since version 2.1.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, PCo 2.3 is much better, has ability to copy the instances which I was missing in earlier versions.

Let us see now how it performs,

Thanks for your answers guys.

Cheers

Rupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

After upgrading the PCo, we are having kind of similar issues, where the instance Que's up messages in either Queued messages or Failed Messages. When I check the errors, it logs like "HTTP Protocol Error: Wrong Logon Data" but after I restart the service it successfully resends the messages.

Also I noted, the errors in Log tab as "The Given Key is not Present in Dictionary" repeatedly in there, what is this error about.

I have my requirements like this, if a certain tag say 'XX' exceeds reading of 100, and XML message need to be posted to MII transaction.

For this in alert Settings, I have trigger tab Configured as

Trigger type : OnTrue

Trigger Expression : if(''XX'>100,true,false)

and in Output tab, I have following entries

Name:VALUE ; Expression : 'XX'

the XML input to MII transaction is Just what I expect, but its error messages which are holding up the Notification messages in PCo is the problem.

Any help and thoughts on this are highly appreciated.

Cheers

Rupesh

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

I recommend that you log a PCo support ticket for this issue.  It will most likely take some detailed investigation of your landscape and system versions to resolve.

Regards,

Steve