SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP TD: Loss in Transfer during O4H1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I struck in the scenario where system shows error during O4H1: Loss in transfer for needs reference store location/batch (MCHB).

This error came when i am doing the Delivery confirmation of the material i.e O4H1.

I am doing following scenario: I created the STO from Plant A to Plant B with 30 TO. I created the Outbound delivery and then done the confirmation of Scheduling and Loading with 30 TO quantity. Now, in Plant B the actual receipt quantity is 28.75 TO. When i put actual quantity in Delivery Confirmation i.e. O4H1, the system shows above mentioned error.

I worked and found that if i created the material and has not done any TD process beforehand and do the Delivery confirmation with same or more than loaded quantity, then there is no error and if i reversed the O4H1 and again enter the 28.75 TO then there is no error and system post the actual inventory and update the accounting entries properly.

I am not able to get the solution and cause of this error. So, Kindly help me on this i will thankful to all.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Can you please provide the error message number. it seems an inconsistency. if possible then please share the screenshot of the long text of the error.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Dear Jammy,

Kindly ignore my previous comment on the same subject as i am new in this forum.

Thanks for helping me. The message number i received is

Loss in transfer for xxxxxx xxxx needs reference store location/batch (MCHB). Message Number. O9764.

This error only comes when i executed the transaction first time for that material in receiving plant having no stock and only Standard price is there. If i done the Delivery confirmation with more and equal to the loaded quantity then there is no error but when received less quantity then this error comes. Also, i debugged and checked that in program, it checks the MCHB table if there is any entry available then error will come and it has entry for that material then no error will come.

Kindly correct me as i got the right information or not. If not , kindly suggest me what should i do to avoid this problem.

0 Kudos

Dear Jammy,

Kindly ignore my previous comment on the same subject as i am new in this forum.

Thanks for helping me. The message number i received is

Loss in transfer for xxxxxx xxxx needs reference store location/batch (MCHB). Message Number. O9764.

This error only comes when i executed the transaction first time for that material in receiving plant having no stock and only Standard price is there. If i done the Delivery confirmation with more and equal to the loaded quantity then there is no error but when received less quantity then this error comes. Also, i debugged and checked that in program, it checks the MCHB table if there is any entry available then error will come and it has entry for that material then no error will come.

Kindly correct me as i got the right information or not. If not , kindly suggest me what should i do to avoid this problem.

0 Kudos

Yes you are right. i was also counting on the lack of stock option only as a possible reason why MCHB table error was coming. that was why i wanted the know the message number.

0 Kudos

do you have any idea how to avoid this error message

0 Kudos

Specifically i have not found a solution for this issue. But this error also occurs during O4G1 due to the non availability of the batch stock. For that SAP has given a correction note.

Note 517380 - TD Coll. Note - MCHA and MCHB checks do not allow load.conf.

Please check this note. you can raise an OSS message to SAP asking for a resolution.

One solution that i can propose is to allow negative stock posting for a particular valuation area/storage location combination. That should avoid the error message.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hello Jammy,

Even If i allow negative stock same error is coming. The SAP Note is not valid for my environment.

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Then it will be better to raise an OSS message to SAP.