cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISK MEMORY IS GETTING FULL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using SAP IDES on windows server 2003,oracle database for sap , installed windows 2007 and windows server 2004 on same hard disk.

On D drive i have installed SAP IDES ,but the disk space is filled .By disk clean up i am getting only 1gb.

Now what can i do.

PLEASE HELP ME WITH YOUR VALUABLE IDEAS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Over and above all the options already provided ,maybe you could :

1. Try and reduce the size of TEMP and UNDO tablespace.Please do not reduce it drastically though.

2. Truncate the oracle alert log if it is too big.

3. Cleanup the old br* log files in case there are a lot of DB jobs scheduled in the DBACOCKPIT calender (Of course,this may not help too much)

Its important to find out the rapidly increasing files first if that is the problem.However,if the reason of disk being full is the additional installation on Windows 2007 and Oracle,then all the above mentioned ideas could help.

Best Regards,

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

It would be better if you create one more drive and map the same with some network drive, which will be able to extend as and when required. After creating the drive, stop all your IDES instance and move the data files to new drive and change the pointer as mentioned in following links:-

1.  http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/Move_datafile_to_different_location

2. http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/misc/renaming-or-moving-oracle-files.php

Regards,

Nilutpal.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

As your database is Oracle, first thing which you can clear is contents from oraarch folder. This contains offline redo log files.

Risk here is : You will not be able to consistently recover your system after crash.

Secondly you may clean up contents from /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS<NR>work folder. This folder contains logs files from SAP.

As a last resort you may need to migrate your system to a bigger storage space.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Please check and let us know ,which file are increaing rapidly.

You have to monitor the disk space and find out the reason .

Once you identify the file we can take desion on this.

BR

Aj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This statement is not clear.

"I am using SAP IDES on windows server 2003,oracle database for sap , installed windows 2007 and windows server 2004"

So all are logically installed on the same D drive.

Is the IDES up and running.

How much space has been allocated to the database.

How much space is free in each tablesapce.

What is the data increase on the database. Once you get the stats you can reduce the freespace in database by doing reorg.

Are you using all the clients in IDES if not try to delete some and see how much free sapce you get in database.

What is the size of the trans directory.Can you clean up the file in the trans directory.

Check if you have any old backup kernel sitting in there.

what is the size of the /sapmnt/SID/global. If more you can try to delete the old job logs using program RSBTCDEL.

Try to get rid of all the old trace in /usr/sap/SID/DV*/work

If you can get additional space in new drive you can move the datafile from D to new drive.

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your valuable reply

I checked sapdata1 is full which is 200gb.Even delete or write also the disk usage is going on.

can i delete sapdata1 or create any new sapdata2.

I have deleted old log files but no result in space.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Yes you can delete sapdata1 in that drive, but before that take the following steps :

1. Copy sapdata1 to other drive and rename it if required (not necessary).

2. Then change the pointer of this data file as per below process:

1.  http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/Move_datafile_to_different_location

2. http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/misc/renaming-or-moving-oracle-files.php

Regards,

Nilutpal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If we delete what are the consequences?

How to create SAPDATA1 file?

what about data in sap, whether all system tables will be deleted?

In my system sapdata1 is 200gb which is full

can u help me with these point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you use brtools to check all the space stastics.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You should not be deleting the datafiles, as the datafiles will be containing the data. You can still move the datafile from one location to another(using Brtools). As you are installing an IDES system you may require more hard disk space. Please refer SAP Note: Note 1761605 - IDES ERP 6.0 incl. EHP6, which will tell you the space required for installing an IDES system. As you are installing on oracle you require atleast 250 GB for the datafiles. If you don not distribute the data while doing the installation all the data will be in the SAPDATA1.

If you have free space in some other drive move the datafile to that drive.

Thanks and Reagrds

Sheetal Joyce