SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAINTAIN USER PROFILE

former_member222701
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I am trying to set up a default value using SU3:

I entered parameter ID GSB 000P Business Area and

parameter ID KML 25 CSP contract account

I saved and log off of SAP and logged in again and it did not save the defaults entered.  I also tried without logging off and still did not save the changes any idea what I am doing wrong? I tried with KTP  CSP Contract account and it worked.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Valentina Solorzano

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor

Valentina:

Not every field for a screen uses a parameter Id for providing defaults.  This is determined in the application logic.  A pid might only be active in specific screens.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor

Valentina:

Not every field for a screen uses a parameter Id for providing defaults.  This is determined in the application logic.  A pid might only be active in specific screens.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hello William,

is there any other way like in configuration where I can make the default values stay? I am not a developer/programmer.

0 Kudos

Not really.  They either work or they don't.  What transaction are you trying to use and which parameter ids?

0 Kudos

Hello William,

I am trying to defaults these values:

parameter ID GSB 000P Business Area and 

parameter ID KML 25 CSP contract account

thanks,

Valentina

0 Kudos

I am using t-code CAA1 to create a contract account.

0 Kudos

PID KML works for me.  This happens because event 1017 has logic to enable the value from that PID to be defaulted.  To make GSB work, you would implement similar logic in that event to populate the value based on the user data.  You might also consider using a transaction variant (SHD0) to default values - that can be done without coding logic in the event.

regards,

bill.

former_member222701
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.