SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDM profile not in change mode after billing document is reversed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After reversing bill document status of profile is still IU018 (locked for edit).

I am unable to modify the profile.

Have you seen this happening?

Thanks,

Tanmay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Hi Tanmay,

Status IU018 means the values are protected. This happens after the profile values have been exported and the status update flag has been ticked.

To unprotect values, you will need to change the profile values (i.e. tcode EEDM01). Do a mass change and select the 'Undo Value Protection' option. This will remove the protected status and you can change the values.

See the two screenshots (before and after):

Regards

Zane

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member

Hi Tanmay,

Status IU018 means the values are protected. This happens after the profile values have been exported and the status update flag has been ticked.

To unprotect values, you will need to change the profile values (i.e. tcode EEDM01). Do a mass change and select the 'Undo Value Protection' option. This will remove the protected status and you can change the values.

See the two screenshots (before and after):

Regards

Zane

0 Kudos

Hi Zane,

It give me error saying 'UI26' is not allowed in IU018.

Thanks,

Tanmay

0 Kudos

Hi Tanmay,

UI26 is the business transaction for deleting the user statuses for the profile values. This will not remove the value protection.

This is a separate process to removing the value protection.

Regards

Zane

0 Kudos

Hi Zane,

Here is the error that I receive.

Thanks,

Tanmay

0 Kudos

Hi Tanmay,

Can I just confirm with you the series of steps you have done:

- Have you selected the 'Undo value protection' option first? If you haven't please do this.

- If you have, are you trying to 'Delete the user status'? If so you may have a user status active which forbids you to remove it or change it.

What statuses (both user and system) are active at the moment?

Regards

Zane

0 Kudos

Hi Zane,

Sometime we find that a profile value was wrong and needs to be corrected. If the customer is already invoiced then we need to do a full reversal of billing. After that the profile should automatically be in a status where  I can modify the values but that's not happening.

Am I missing any step here?

I see 2 status IU012 and IU018 on the profile, but it should only have IU012.

Thanks,

Tanmay

0 Kudos

Hi Tanmay,

There is no issue with your business process to reverse and correct profile values. Please see my list of steps below for further information.

1) You have profile values, valid values. These will have a status of IU012. No problem here.

2) When you bill them they will be locked down (i.e. you cannot change them). No problem here either. The values at this point do not have a protected status.

3) From here, profile values can be protected in two ways. When I mean protected, I mean have a protected status (IU018) applied to them.

- Either via the mass change in dialog in EEDM01, check the version history please if someone has done this manually. This can happen if the profile values are billed.

- Or if the profile values have been exported using one of the two BAPIs

(BAPI_ISUPROFILE_GET or BAPI_ISUPROFILE_GET_POD) where the status update flag has been ticked. As above, this is allowable if the profile values have been billed

4) At this point your profile values will have a status of IU012 and IU018. This is completely normal.

5) When you go to reverse your billing, the protected status is NOT removed automatically. This is also normal. This is where you need to follow the instructions in my first post by using the mass change to 'Undo Value Protection'.

6) Barring any of the above, I suggest you check to see if you have made any enhancements (i.e. implicits, BADIs, user exits) to the standard IS-U-EDM logic and process that would prevent you from doing any of the above. Of which you may need to look into this further

Regards

Zane

Message was edited by: Zane Khan

0 Kudos

Hello,

My issue is that while using the function module ISU_EDM_PROFILE_UPDATE the values get locked .
( the values are not billed)

thank you

0 Kudos

Hello Zane,

Thanks for your answer

"Status IU018 means the values are protected. This happens after the profile values have been exported and the status update flag has been ticked."

Can you please explain at what instance we can reproduce this status ? We want to update sap edm values status to IU018 But we are not getting how we can do it. You can suggest example to recreate this status. This will be great help.

Thanks,

Vishal

0 Kudos

Thanks for coming to SAP Community for answers. Please post your question as a new question here:
https://answers.sap.com/questions/ask.html Since you're new in asking questions here, check out our tutorial about asking and answering questions (if you haven't already), as it provides tips for preparing questions more effectively, that draw responses from our members. Please note, that your post here won't be answered.