cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can IDoc Adapter have value changed automatically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a weird scenario here: PI is sending message to ECC via IDoc adapter. but ECC is saying that some characters have been changed by PI, for example:

name sent to ECC from PI

name maintained in ECC

DENNIS' TRUCK & TRAILER REPAIR INC

DENNIS# TRUCK & TRAILER REPAIR INC

ECC is asking PI why PI has ' changed to # ? We have checked fro SXMB_MONI, and the character after PI conversion in IE is ',  but when ECC checks it become #...

Is there any way for us to check where exactly the change was made? For now PI and ECC are both insist it is irrelevant to them.

There are some other characters are changed while checking in ECC, which I can't type them out...

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

please check the RFC destination (ABAP connection Type 3) used in IDoc adapter has unicode checked in PI and try.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Mishra! it is a good point to check. currently, it was set Non-Unicode, I don't know why it is set Non-Unicode while connecting to ECC which is Unicode system.

However, when we tried to test this in our Development server, even before we made changes to the RFC destination to Uni-code. The name was correctly sent to / shown in ECC, which didn't have the issue as mentioned above, changing ' to #.

It was really weird, do you have any suggestion on this?

Answers (0)