cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Models from 7.0 - 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We recently upgraded our system from 7.0 to 7.3 and there are few models which were developed in 7.0 that needs ongoing support in the 7.3 environment as well. We did an export of the model from 7.0 as suggested by SAP and used the Data Migration Wizard in 7.3.

In our model we have a BI query and a BAPI/RFC. There were 2 different system definitions maintained for these in 7.0. In the Migration tool I do not see this data service, system definition for the Query listed but we have maintained this in our portal. We can see the data service for the BAPI listed and the system definition used. I understand that any R3 type system definitions should be maintained as RFC destination in NWA. We have maintained this and was able to select the alias successfully.

Is this the correct behavior for BW Queries that it will not list the data Service and System name and connects by default to the SAP_BW System definition in portal? If Yes, My query is shown as a JDBC data provider after the migration and not as a BI Data Source.

Thanks,

Nagarajan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

If I get this right, the BW Data Services are not created as expected by the Migration Wizard.

- Does this work If you create them from scratch, using the Search Panel / BI menu?

- Could you add a picture of the Data Service created in the model by the Migration Wizard (after the model is created)?

As this issue may require a lot of info, it could be best to open a ticket.

Thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help???