cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM and HU negative stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, and thanks in advance for your help.

I'm implementing WM with HUs scenario, my client needs to create TOs generating negative stock on the storage type 999, it is possible this scenario with HUs? The client currently has WM (No HUs), and can create TOs with negative stock on 999 (LT01), but with HU generates the message "Storage type 999 does not allow negative stock figures", missing some settings? It's possible but with some previous steps? or it is not possible?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe it is not possible to create HU-managed stock out of nothing from storage type 999. The reason is simply - it's not possible to create a HU using LT01 with mvt 999.

If you can share what the actual business scenario is, there should be alternative system process which can be used to fullfil the requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks YB, the problem is this, some business scenarios need to create WM negative stock, for example, customer returns come without order of return even created (may take a week before creating this order), then, if you create the negative the product can be putaway, and some days later, when you have the order can adjust the negative stock.

Another scenario, goods receipt from production. The first day of the month is not possible to account for close accounting period, (about half a day, take accounting department to open the period of the next month).

0 Kudos

Hi Andrey

As far as i understand you want to move stock from one location to another even if there is no stock, thus creating a negative stock count that you will rectify later. This you want to do by creating a TO with LT01. And also create the HU while doing this.

From what i know this is not possible,

What you can try is using HU02 create the HU and pack the HU. Make sure that the storage location that you pack from is not HU managed and you can also enter your destination storage location. Once you have packed and saved the HU the system will also move the HU to the desitnation sloc that you entered.

This will create a negative stock in 921 Transfer.

You now need to use LT01 using a 999mvt into transfer for that material.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Quinten for you answer, but I don´t understand one thing.  I want ¨create¨ negative stock when move between storage types on WM (WM is assigned to only one plant/storage location), not MM movements, if I understand you, your answer is a solution when I want to move between storage types, right? but not, when I want to move from storage type (999 for example) to other storage type inside wm.

I agree with YB and you, I don´t think could be possible make this scenario only with LT01, like in ¨normal¨ WM without HUs, but then, What do you think is a possible workaround for this scenario?

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may consider the following system process:-

1) HU02 - Create a HU containing the stock to be received in the partner storage location (e.g. XXXX) of your main HU-managed storage location (e.g. YYYY).

2) VLMOVE - Move the HU from XXXX to YYYY using mvt 311 via a delivery. This will create a inbound delivery to receive stock to YYYY.

3) LT03 - Create a putaway TO against the inbound delivery and confirm. This has similar effect as LT01 with mvt 999. Stock will be putaway in the warehouse which leaves a negative quant in 921 (or whatever storage type assigned to mvt 312 in your warehouse).

4) VL32N - Post goods receipt of the inbound delivery once the stock you want to move becomes available in the system (e.g. post GR to the return order or production order). This will post the actual transfer from XXXX to YYYY, and clear the negative quant in 921 at the same time.

There might be other simpler ways to address your requirement. But above is what I can think of based on my limited knowledge in HUM.

0 Kudos

Hi Andrey

From what i know about HUM, is that the HU exists in IM level. You have to check that your HU is linked to an SU usually this is the same number in the system that we use.

If you have the SU number you can do normal WM movements between storage types aslong as it remains in the same warehouse.

The HU will still show in the warehouse and on WM level you will be able to see in what storage type/bin ect the SU is stored in.

Sorry that i can not be of more help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help YB, I followed your suggestion, but I don´t have stock on XXXX, and the system don´t let me make the VLMOVE.  ( I created the HU on HU02: planed HU, Not in WM and In the Warehouse, with any of the three could make the move VLMOVE)

any suggestion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create a HU in HU02 without having stock on XXXX. The status should be "C In the warehouse".

There will be no stock on IM level until goods receipt is posted in the system. However, you can move the HU in WM by following the steps mentioned above.

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the Storage type configuration aginst your house.It seems you are not activated allo negative stock check box.

Activate the check box then try.

SPRO-->Logistics Execution-->Warehouse Management-->Master Data-->Define Storage Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sridhar, allow negative stock is activated, in fact, is possible make the 999 negative stock BUT with out HU management.