Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDS - Identity Stores as LDAP

clotilde_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am running IDM 7.2 sp8 on a Unix Host with an Oracle database.

We are trying to create a view of both staging and productive area in a VDS (as a directory), using standard SAP methods (MxIDStoreFlat72).

The goal is for another IAM product to connect to my sap idm as a LDAP server and read/write data in it.

When we connect to the VDS using a ldap browser, we do see entries but when we try to retrieve the schema we have the following error (using softerra ldap browser)

With Apache studio, we have a more "user-friendly" error as it is a ldap error code 32, couldn't find specified dn.

since i don't have any cn=schema,o=idstore in my tree, i can understand where it comes from but i don't know where this is defined and if i can change it.

I also tried doing another configuration from scratch, using only standard Template and i still have the same error. Do any of you ever managed to retreieve the schema using a ldap browser?

thanks a lot,

BR,

Clotilde Martinez

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clotilde

I don't recall ever seeing the schema available.  Not all LDAP browsers require it so I'm not sure its part of the standard offering.  You should be able to write a java class pretty easily that grabs the IDM schema and publishes it though

Peter

clotilde_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

thanks for your answer, since then i looked at the mxdseroot class and it retrieves the schema dn from the constants in the VDS. The cn=schema,o=idstore is defined by default i think, but nothing generates it, so the java class is probably the right answer.

Thanks a lot,

Clotilde

Answers (0)