cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load testing capability with QTP - option 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

I am investigating on using the TAF with HP QTP(option 1). It sounds very good in terms of test case management and business blueprint testing. However, I don't see it being a valid option if you also need to do load testing. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't see the TAF or QTP having any option of simulating a large number of concurrent virtual users like the HP loadrunner can. So does that mean if we go with option 1, we still need to purchase the loadrunner? That means we will need to purchase the QTP+loadrunner if we go with option 1(note that the 2 free QTP license is not enough).

Please advise. Since the Test automation framework has the "automation" in its logo, does it suggest some sort of load testing capability?

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan

Just to add above

Solution Manager can be used as a test management option like HP Quality center but for test execution options you need to go for testing tools like

• QTP
  • ECATT
  • HP Loadrunner

etc therefore as per your requirements you need to get testing tools in place and then you can decide whether to choose Solution Manager or HP Quality center

hope it helps

Regards

Prakhar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your input. That confirms my understanding of the option1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Loadrunner is preferred tool for various customers also suggested by sap. But still you can use other tools (ex OpenSTA, ) based on your budjet and working time.

You can get the some more guidance on how to choose testing tools from here

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone wants to help?

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonatha,

As far I know QTP is for Functional Testing automation and not for Load testing Automation. it does not support load testing since HP has a separate product LoadRunner to do this. My answer is Yes, if you go with option 1, you still need to purchase Load Runner for load testing.

Regards,

Vivek