cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order qty not copied into subsequent order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have created a ZOR order with 100 qty. While creating a sales order ZOS with ref  to ZOR order, the 100 qty is not getting copied in ZOS order ?

is this something to do with availability check  for ZOS order ?

regards

Pamela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pilch,

In copy control [VTAA] in item cateogry level you have maintain two setting.

1. Pos./neg. quantity - Zero

2. Copy quantity:-  Blank

Regards

Arun

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pamela,

Please check the cop control (Tcode - VTAA) setting at Item level - copy reqd maintain 301.

Thanks

Sumeet Sah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pamela,

In your case there's nothing to do with the availability check, just there has to be relevant copy control settings from Sales Document --> Sales Document. In VTAA, after giving your Source and Target Sale Document Type choose Item in the Navigation Box select your Item Category which would be TAN and check the Copying Requirement there. It should be 303 in your case and this Copy Rule will be used by the system for Copying wither Main/Sub-Items. Thanks.

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pamela,

Further to what MoazzaM has indicated, check the Standard Copy Controls for Sales Document Type OR > OR and Item Category TAN > TAN as an easy reference to compare and check the settings with what you are trying do with ZOR and ZOS.

MoazzaM :

Here are my two cents! The Order to Order copy requirement may be in cases, where they have similar Orders for example with a long list of Items. The Copy Feature makes it easier to mimic them. Anyways, we dont really know what is different between these Order Types I am just speculating

Thanks. 

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all why are you creating a sale order w.r.t another sale order? What is the business process.

And this is not to do with availability check but with copy control. Check at copy control in item level what you have maintained. The copying requirement should be Always an item and I think its 301. I am not sure about routine number but I am sure about its description.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Moazzam

In copy control vtaa-- order to order -- item level -- copy req is 303 ( always an item ) 301 means item reason for rejections

And pramila just give me business scenario why you are going to create order - order

Thanks a lot

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pamela,

Looks like I should not have unnecessarily pitched in and become a [sort of catalyst] for more than required replies. I see a lot of redundant replies here.

MoazzaM's answer was close enough logical explanation. When you reach that screen, common sense would take over and you conclude on the routine #. Most of these Routines Texts are kind of self explanatory.

MoazzaM: Thanks for all the good work, pointing people in the right direction and overall leadership you are displaying in this forum.

Thanks.

PS:  Apologies for hijacking the post with a non relevant reply.