cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diff between Invoke by Query Vs Invoke by Operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am new to mobility.  I have done some sample application following the youtube, but I am confused as When we should use Invoke by Query and When we should use invoke by operation?

I tried searching for document to see the diff between both, but could find it.

Also do we have iphone/ipad simulator for Windows? where can we download it?

Appreciate your help,

thanks,

GN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Also do we have iphone/ipad simulator for Windows?

i dont think so if it available.

iphone/ipad simulator is for mac OS only.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear,

Let me give an example for this

Suppose you have a customer table where you have customer id as primary key, other parameters like customer name, city, state, country and many others.

If you want to display list of customers belong to a particular state then you can invoke an query (findByState) to get the required result.

If you want to update any customer'information then you could invoke an operation to do so.

Rgrds,

Jitendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jitendra.

So you mean I can use invoke by operation for button or menuitem based on  the functionality.

When Create/update /Delete do we create a separate MBO or can I use the same MBO and perform ? will it be onlinerequest or Save?

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can use invoke by operation for button or menuitem based on  the functionality.

yes you can use invoke by operation for button/menu item.

see, for any CUD (create update delete) operation you dont need to CREATE a seperate mbo. you have to add an operation to the existing mbo. you can check below blog.

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/mobility-platform/blog/2012/07/30/a-workflow-applicati...

it should be online request.

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jitendra, I will check this. Appreciate your help.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No problem,  you can close this thread by marking reply answers as helpful/correct if you feel so.

Rgrds,

Jitendra