cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Adapter Module to Read all exceptions in a channel and send email

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Given that standard sap pi does not provide a functionality to create alerts for a specific communication channel (alerts are available only at adapter type level), I was contemplating writting a custom adapter Module that would read all the exceptions for a partuclar channel and send out an email.

Please provide your thoughts around this....

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

Are you not going to set up alert mechanism for errors for other channels at the adapter level ? In case the answer is yes, it will automatically be taken care off.

or you just interested in alerts for this communication channel in question ? Although I have not tried this, but it should be possible. Another alternate(if you are on dual stack) would be to check the status of the channel through a custom report and if in error, send an email...

cheers,

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ambrish,

This is one odd scenario where the error in that particular channel needs to be sent to our business partner. RWB alert set at adapter type will send errors for all other file channels as well, which defeats the purpose.

This would be my first custom adapter module development. Could you pls help guide me on how to do the same.

Thanks.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

Let me suggest you an easy alternate option.

In case you set up alerts for adapter level errors, for this particular scenario,which you obviously should; set a rule in the recipient inbox to forward the mail to the relevant business partner in case you find "error in a particular interface". you can choose relevant information available in an alert mail for this mail forwarding rule.

Does it server the purpose?

Cheers,

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. I thought of that workaround as well...however I think it is a bit clumsy solution.

I would love to go the custom adapter module path as I will learn something new as well.

Would appreciate if you could provide me some basic steps or direct to a location where I can get this information.

I do have NWDS 7.1 EHP 1.

Thanks for your continued support.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMO, custom module for this requirement instead of a simple workaround is too much.

However since you are interested in learning module development, there are multiple threads on SCN which can give a direction.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1538093

Basically the idea should be to pass a communication channel name as module parameter, and if the status is in error send an email with details to the recipient (also passed as a module parameter).

Hope it helps!

Ambrish