cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single results recording, variable n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

my client wants to use single results recording, where the amount of individual values is not known. They want to chart the average.

I've set "Single result" in the MIC and tried both "Scope not fixed" and "Larger scope". I don't want to bore you with the details of the settings I've tried in the Sample-Drawing Procedure, Sampling Procedure and Inspection Plan header: suffice it to say I can't find the right combination.

Do any of you know what are the right settings for this?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I find a conflict here. What exactly you want; single result recording or summarized?

Example,

Length is particular MIC and your sampling procedure say is FIXED_3. You have the option here where you want to put 3 individual readings or just a one reading (which is comprised of average of 3- outside of system)

I think you should try changing the control indicator in QS23 or in inspection plan from single recording to summarized and vice versa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello and thank you,

first, the sample is not fixed size, it is variable size. Sometimes they input one value, sometimes two, sometimes twelve: it is one sample per shift that takes part in that production run.

The issue I have is that it isn't only a matter of making sure the MIC says "single value" and "variable size": there are several objects which need to fit. The MIC, the sampling procedure, the sample-drawing procedure, the inspection point in the plan's header - if I'm not forgetting any right now.

I've done it in other places, I know it's doable, but I lost that documentation (I know, I know, backup everything...)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I have understood and Anand has mentioned, you need to set the indicator to summarised recording if you want to capture multiple results against a single MIC. you mentioned that your client doesn't always record fixed number of results but they want average results sometimes.

So summarised recording is required to record single or multiple results and also you need to keep the MIC with Long term inspection if the user want to update/ add results over a period of time and UD is also mandatory.

Pl share if you get other solutions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Do you know which Sampling Procedure/SPC chart options are compatible with summarized results?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, but the examples provided both appear to refer to the kind of inspection known by the nickname "military standards", rather than to a regular numeric-values inspection.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do one thing, set the indicator to single recording. This way you would be able to record single results.

by this setting, you would also be able to record multiple values to that MIC when you want to get average results.

This should help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The information provided is incomplete. Merely setting those values in the MIC is not enough, we get incompatibilities with other data elements.

We need to be able to report single or multiple results and chart them. In the sampling procedure, the list of charts only appears if we set "Fixed sample"; I set that, choose a chart and set the sample size to 20. In the sample-drawing procedure, the number of physical samples and the maximum partial samples are also set to 20 (choosen because it's higher than the largest amount of values they expect to need to average). When I try to assign the MIC with Single-values and Scope not fixed, I get an error message that "The control chart in the sampling method does not match the insp. char". I've gotten that with every single chart that does not say "US" in the name, so it looks as if the actual error is really something else.

We are using reference characteristics, as we're also making use of the classification system (so, these MICs are linked to class characteristics). The MICs have the "record measured values" indicator set.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi M,

I may have got the reason behind your error. I would suggest you to try something but you have to look if this is applicable for your business scenario.

You are using Fixed sample but also Control chart and thus mentioned error appears. Like our scenario, do try if you can bypass the control chart entry from Sampling procedure and directly save it (QDV2).

Then you need to deactivate the SPC characteristic from the MIC (qs23).

Hereafter reassign this MIC into your inspection plan (QP02) and you won't see the 'SPC Criterion' while assigning the sample procedure to MIC.

This should help if Control chart are not required.

Else, you need to

1.) Choose one of Shewart and Acceptance based on your tolerance account in sampling procedure, Acceptance: if tolerance considered and Shewart if not considered,

2.) Then suitable SPC criterion in inspection plan.

3.) Assuming the SPC char is already miantained in the MIC

And I did not actually use charts so I really can't help you with the setting combination.

Kindly share once the things are resolved along with the setting combinations.

Regards,

Nitin