cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Posting from PI 7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am working on a SOAP to IDOC scenario, I am getting two parts in the same pay load from the SOAP service (1st one Order & 2nd one is Log) , I need to post the  Part-1 which is Orders data  to ECC by using the IDOC and as soon it gets update sucessfully on ECC side then I need to send the Log details to ECC.

How can I make this scenario. Do I need to make this as Synchronous from SOAP --- RFC or Proxy and once I get response from ECC, then do I need to trigger Log details which is Part-2

or Is there any other alternate way doing this in PI 7.31 (This is Java single Stack environment)

Thanks

PR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitinlpatil12
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PR,

You can use BAPI "BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2" for your scenario. once you get response from ECC you can send the second part of payload to ECC.

Regards,

Nitin Patil

"Please reward points if you find information useful"

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You sender seems synchronous while IDoc communication is asynchronous. So if you want to send response back from SAP, you can choose BAPI (if one is available) or a remote enabled RFC. this is to avoid a proxy which would be like reinventing the wheel if functionality is already existing in ECC.

So in short, you can either do SOAP to BAPI or SOAP to RFC. Since this is Orders, BAPI does exists.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish