cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms - Can we STAPLE the printouts from smart form or print program

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirement is : printing two different output types for Delivery( VL02N) and get it stapled in the printer as a set for one delivery.

This is because of an interface which will make changes to the delivery ( one or many ) and the client is expecting the print out as stapled set of each delivery.

Please help me out with this issue ..its quite urgent.

Veerendranath.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue is resolved now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI

The Issue has been fixed now.

While printing the first smart form, follwing should be the Printer settings.

ssfcompop-TDNEWID = 'X'.

ssfcompop-TDFINAL = ' '.

ssfcompop-TDIMMED = ' '.

and for the last smart form, follwing should be the Printer settings.

ssfcompop-TDNEWID = ' '.

ssfcompop-TDFINAL = 'X'.

ssfcompop-TDIMMED = 'X'.

This is a perfect FIX for this issue.

The above code will create a new spool for the first form and it will not print the form but keeps on appending the spool with the new form and the last printer settings will print the form at once resulting all the smarforms concatenated in one spool and printed as one print JOB.

Thanks and regards,

Veerendranath Maddula.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But how do you get the printer to staple your documents. I have correct settings in device type for printer but I am wondering how to make the printer to actually staple?

BCH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell how pages get stapled in printer? Is there any setting need to be done from SAP?

Regards,

GD

former_member480923
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have heard of something like ths earlier, but this is a particular to the printer to which the output is bsing send to and our duties lies to the point where we will collect the data from 2 different output types and send it to the specified printer.

Hope that Helps

Anirban M.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure whether this is a software issue or a hardware issue.

I am not sure whether SAP has the ability to send a stapling request to the printer If it does have then please let me know.

I guess you will have to speak to the client before making commitments

Best regards,

Sudhi