cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO RFC - where to change password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

In Su01 I changed an account password, but only afterward realised it had an effect in our java environment.

We are now seeing error :

Error : Server repository could not create function template for RSRD_X_PRODUCE_PROXY caused by :

com.sap.mw.jco.JSOSException : (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: password logon no longer possible - too many failed attemps

I keep having to unlock the account is SU01.

I can see any RFCs in SM59 which use this account.

I have been having a look in Netweaver Administrator GUI - but cant see any reference to where this account password must be hardcoded.

Does anyone know where this has been added - I think there a JCO RFC somewhere.

Thanks so much

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Terry,

Go to Content Administration > Web Dynpro > Maintain JCO Destinations

then  select the RFC destination used in your application (say; WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST) and click on edit

Then put the new user password and save.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Nitesh

----reward points if answer is helpful----

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what's version of your java server? the password is maintained in the jco destination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Logon to

1. Visual Admin --> Jco RFC provider here you will get list of Jco rfc which was running currently and try to change the required password.

Regards,

Kishore.R

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to logon to Portal -> Web Dynpro -> Content Administrator.

Here, select the JCO used by application - Both meta data and model data.

Go to Connection property of each JCo and update the password of the user used for connection.

Test the JCo and then use your application.

At occasions, the new password may not get updated. In such scenarios, re-start the portal server.

Note: Test the JCo and it should result in successful connection with the given user credentials.

Regards,

Sharath