SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Different Addesses in PIQSTM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

In PIQSTM i need to view multiple addresses like say'Present Address', 'Emergency Address', 'Mother's Address'  etc. in a tab page,I can configure and view the tab pages 'Standard Address' and 'Address Overview'.Further, in Address Overview i can create new Addresses. However,i'm unable to specify the type of address.

I know this can be done in HR-PA IT-0006 and its subtypes.Is it possible in SLcM?

Regards

Ramesh.

4 REPLIES 4

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

See IMG entry:

Student Lifecycle Management, Master Data in Student Lifecycle Management, Students, Students as Business Partners, Basic Business Partner Settings, SAP Business Partner, Business Partner, Basic Settings, Address Determination, Define Address Types

Once defined you create the address in the address overview and add it (double click on the adress type and select the address you want to add) to one of the address types you maintained in the IMG entry here above. You can also add a validity date here per address per address type.

Cheers

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

In SLCM, SAP have address type/Usage. When user creates an address they can attached address type(s)/usage(s) to the address.

You can also explore possibility of using address independent section of standard address tab to store emergency address.

You can also use related person tab to store Parent's/guardian's information/address.

Regards,

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

Hi Rob and Prabhat,

Thanks a lot.

The issue has been resolved.I remember in my earlier implementations the address used to appear properly in the 'Address Overview' tab.This time it wasn't and hence was a surprise.

Prior to this post, the 'scroll down' marked in Red in the screen-shot below was not appearing and hence we were unable to create the address as mentioned by Rob though the settings mentioned were already done.We then browsed to the configurations and figured that the reason for non appearance was something else...we needed to change a setting..the path as given below:

Master Data in SLcM ->Adjustment of the Master Data Maintenance Transaction -> Configuration of User Defined Tab Pages -> Assign Infotypes or BDT Screen to Tab Pages.Here select Tab Page PIQBPADO and choose Assign BDT Screen to Tab Page.Here as a default the entry for BDT Screen was maintained as PSCM80. We changed it to PSCM83 and the 'Scroll bar appears in PIQSTM.

Regards

Ramesh.

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing Ramesh!