cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Plan Verification - how to switch off?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

our Inspection Plans always give the "Task List Data contains errors!" message. It's not true, but also the kind of thing that makes users very nervous; teaching them to "just accept it" leads to them learning to "just accept" other message errors without verifying what is wrong and fixing it.

The help says this can be switched off in SPRO, but not where. Do any of you know where?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wouldn't turn this off.  The consistency check error you are probably talking about usually is due to the "error" of having the same MIC in the plan more than once.

If had the same issue in many, many clients.  For one, you should be dealing with a small subset of users.  Creating and modifying plans should only be done by 2, maybe 3 at most at a given plant.  Many clients manage this centrally and only have 2-3 folks doing all the plans for all their business lines and plants.  It should not be difficult to explain this issue to these few users.. 

Hopefully you don't really say "just ignore it".  Hopefully you've explained the error and issue to them.  What causes it and that they should still check the log when they save.

I don't like that particular error myself.  Now if it is another error, and not the duplicate MIC error  let us know what it is.   I'm not aware of other errors that you might say "just ignore".

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

It isn't even the same MIC in an individual plan, it's the same MIC in a group. The message crops up as soon as you have two plans in the same group (after all, plans are grouped because they're similar).

I don't say "just ignore it", but it's how it gets read and transmitted. Since the verification is wrong, I'd much rather take it off if that's possible: according to SAP's help it is, but as you know, what they never explain is how.

2-3 users per plant or section sometimes means a hundred users in the company, all of them people in supervisory positions, who learn to ignore error messages and transmit this to their subordinates. It's a source of errors.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I only get the error when I have the same MIC in the same group counter.

You are saying you get the error when you have the same MIC used more than once in the same Group?  I've never seen that type of behavior before.  I just ran a test to double check it.

Can you provide some screen shots?

FF