cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI Mobile 5.0.5 and 5.0.6 problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I noticed a problem both in 5.0.5 or in 5.0.6 version of SAP BI mobile application for iPad (I'm working on BO XI 3.1):

If a document is locally saved on the device (added to 'My Items'), then in the next logon the user is not able to see reports available on the server but only the document saved in 'My Items'.

To see all other report on the server again, the user has to remove from 'My Items' all the downloaded documents, then Logout and Logon again.

Moreover scrolling the page, refresh doesen't start (no trace of refresh possibility in Server or 'My Items' screen).

Any advice to solve this problem?

Could it be an application bug?

Thanks

Kind Regards

Laura

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What category are the are other reports assigned to?

If the user expands the menu on the left and taps on a category under Server does the report appear?

To refresh the Server or My items screen you need to drag down on the screen. You should see at the top "Checking for updates" and you have successfully triggered a refresh when you see the spinning icon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashton,

All the reports are assigned to "Mobile" Category, we didn't create other subcategories, we kept the default category Mobile.

Dragging down the screen nothing happens, there's no "Checking for updates" nor spinning icon.

The new app 5.0.6 works correctly on BO XI 3.1 or is it supported only on BI 4 ?

Thanks for your help

Laura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

The 5.0.6 app is supported on XI3.1 for systems running XI3.1 SP3 FP6 and higher. Verify that the user is logged on with a valid session at the time when they cannot see the server reports. Sometimes if you have the app open and then switch to another app and come back it will show that you have an active connection (green indicator) even though your session has expired. Also make sure that you are not in offline mode.

If you are not able to refresh the server screen then I would recommend re installing the app on your iPad. Especially if you have been upgrading it from previous versions. The attached image shows what you should see when swiping down to refresh.

Lastly, verify that the version of the mobile warfiles deployed matches the version of your BO server.

You can easily check this buy pasting the following URL into your browser and replace the host and port with your system's information. It does not work for older versions of XI3.1.

http://host:port/MobileBIService/MessageHandlerServlet?message=GetVersion