Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order and customer creation

former_member322617
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need your help.

We receive orders from a system outside of SAP, which go through PPI and into our SAP system. In SAP it creates a sales order VA01.

We have until now used a one time customer and overwritten the name/adress each time we receive an order.

But in the future, we would like to have a seperate customer number for each order. So everythime we receive an order a new customer shuld be created.

Do anyone have experience of how to set this up ? Is there a SAP standard functionality ?

Thanks

Pernille

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding you might be  receiving the orders through Process Integration (PI) as the Middleware in the form of IDOC's or RFC's or Webservice and You are creating the sales orders in SAP by running the BAPI in backend. If you have had the External number range or Internal number range  settings for the One time customer account group in your system, It will work out. As  suggested by Siva Vasireddy It is not the best practice appreciated.

Regards,

SAQ

former_member322617
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your replies. as Shuhaib suggested I think the best way is to create a one time customer number with internal number assignment.

We receive the order via an IDOC (ORDERS05) from PPI to SAP ERP.

When receiving the orders in SAP (VA01), how do I make sure we "hit" the new one time customer, and that a new customer number is created every time ? Please be so kind and advice.

Thanks

Pernille

former_member187610
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pernille,

We have created one time customers for our cash sales process, when we start creating a new Sales Order a pop-up screen will appear as shown below:

where we key in the new customer name. This screen will automatically appear when we create a Sales Order using the newly created Cash Sales Order Type.

Regards,

Sharan

former_member190778
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pernille,

first of all thanks for your appreciation regarding my solution, As u have asked about your requirement, definitely you will hit new numbers every time when you create customer from internal number range assignment and 2ndly please make sure the number range assignment in SPRO path settings for your specific customer account group.

Prenille if u are talking about when u create sale order in VAO1 screen and there is a pop up screen in which general data of customer has to be added, if u want to create your customer there and you want to generate customer number then u have to go for USER-EXIT. In standard you cannot generate customer number in Sale order Screen. if i will get any user exit or more helping material definitly will share it with u.

have a good Day.

Regards,

Suhaib Bin Aziz 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope this can be done by selecting one time customer account group. Thanks Sukant Chakraborthy.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can go through External Number Range and while creating the order you have option to create a customer in VA01 itself

but this may not be the right Practise

former_member190778
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pernille,

As per my understanding about your requirement, you need to have new customer number to be generated for every sale order against every transaction. If you go for the creation of Customer master data from XD01, Changing name, addresses and information within the customer is not a good option as best in my knowledge. I will suggest you have two option either you go for Creating customer master record using your Internal number assignment (which is an option in Account Group) or you can use internal number assignment in which system generate a specific number for your customer and every time you have to create master record.

I will suggest to choose first option as i think it will help you on your current practice you are going through. i have attached a snap shot for your reference:

XD01-External number assignment:

For internal Number Assignment:

I hope it will be little bit helpful & if u feel any ambiguity i will further assist you with best in my knowledge.

Regards,

Suhaib Bin Aziz

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For this you must have a customer master data in system before you create order. Now this is on you how you want to create customer master data (Manually or automatically).

What is PPI and how you are creating order. Is it through BAPIs or what?

And why you want a separate customer master for every new customer? If the requirement can be fulfilled by one time customer then why new customer master records. Could you please explain a little bit more.

Thank$