cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to select drive for Central Instance(EP Distributed Installation)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we have replicated one of our source EP system to target System. We realized that some of the drives are in local and we started manual distributed installation. I have successfully installed SCS01 and Database instance. I am somehow managed to install SCS01 and Database instance same as target system. Now, I am not able to get an option to select drive for Central Instance. In target CI was installed on F: I am not getting an option to choose drive even in custom installation. By default it is installing in S: drive. I tried to edit keydb.xml and replacing S:\ to F:\ and restarted installation. But I was not successful. I also tried to clean the tmp files but no luck. Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Can you check where F:\Drive is being used on target system ?

Note: For EP do not perform manual adjustments on target system. I shall suggest you to perform the

replication with SAP support method.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry I did not get you. F:\ is coming from storage.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

In target CI was installed on F: I am not getting an option to choose drive even in custom installation. By default it is installing in S: drive. I tried to edit keydb.xml and replacing S:\ to F:\ and restarted

Note that, for CI installation it will pick up the location where /sapmnt share exists. In your system it might be S:\Drive and hence you do not get an option for drive selection.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

What are my options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

If you are installing the SAP system on a server where already another installation exists then you will have to use the same drive where the usr\sap\<SID> exist. It is because while installing an SAP system, the components of the CI will get installed under <sapmnt> share which is the "SAP" folder under "usr".

I hope this answers your query.

Thanks

Sheetal Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I am planning for DR. I want to make sure SAP is installed same as target system. Once it is installed, we can replicate database later. If I go ahead with CI installation on S:\ will there be any problem if we switch on this DR in case disaster happens?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudheer,

I would suggest doing the installation on the same drive as the souce as you want to have DR. I was wondering you could use the option HA in the Installation Master(SWPM) to get you HA system ready.

Could you please confirm whether the existing installtion which is available in your target system is needed..? if it is not you can remove the "SAPMNT" and "SAPLOC" share and you can use K:\ drive itself for the installation.

Thanks and Regards

Sheetal Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheetal,

I formatted all the drives and started fresh distributed installation. I think what you said was correct. The components of CI was installed in sapmnt. Even after doing fresh installation I did not get an option to install CI on different drive. I have seen your message very late other wise I would have tried what you are suggested. Now stuck up at Start Java instance phase. It is throwing error Java Unknown.

"ERROR => OS release Windows NT 6.1 7601 Service Pack 1 12x AMD64 Level 6 (Mod 44 Step 2) is not supported with this startup framework (701) [jstartxx.c   4389]"

I tried to update the kernel but no luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Can you try connecting to configtool. Please try following the note:1480785.

If that dint help, then will have to have a glance into your work directory for giving further updates

Thanks and Regards

Sheetal Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheetal,

Upgraded to different kernel. Issue is resolved.