cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we report defects in Test WorKBench without Service Desk Config in Solution Manager 7.1

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can we report defects in Test WorKBench without Service Desk Config in Solution Manager 7.1 ?

Is Service Desk Configuration mandatory to report defects even for the internal project team and not for the SAP support team in Solution Manager 7.1.

Please let me know if there is a work around.

Thanks,

Aj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

Yes that is mandatory

once you configure SMIN or ZMIN as per requirements you can use the same for defect management.

As far as sending to SAP is considered only the message processor eligible to do that can send it to OSS not everyone.

hope this clarifies

Regards

Prakhar

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

Thanks for clarifying.

I think it involves more than just creating copy of SMIN to ZMIN.

Is there a Service desk configuration document for Sol Man 7.1 ? Please share.

Thanks,

Aj

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

here is the link for the configuration guide

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000514762011E.PDF

yes you have understood correctly it is not just copying but plenty of other things you need to configure as you are configuring entire process here

It is not always required to create ZMIN(note recommendation is to copy also mentioned in the guide because it creates issues during upgrades)

if u want to use standard process don't require to copy any things just create master data and use SMIN with other minimum setup etc just don't modify it.

it is required to copy if you are planning to enhance it like new user status etc

hope this helps you to decide and proceed

Regards

Prakhar

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakhar.

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Prakar,

I had a look into the document , i feel its not detail enough for a guy who is doing the configuration for the first time it become difficult.

Do you have any document which has step by step procedure.

Thanks,

Aj