cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encrypting Files produced by SA PI

mikejackson
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have been asked to develop an interface whereby we will need to transfer payroll informaton to a 3rd party using a number of files. Whilst these files can be transferred to the 3rd party using SFTP there is also a requirement to encrypt this data in the files at rest status which effectively means after or as it is produced by PI.

I've had a look at the options file adapter options available but can't see anything that will help me achieve this encryption. Is the only way to achieve this the creation of a java program ? If so can anyone provide guidance on achieving this as I've not done this before ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In case ur PI version is>= PI7.11 SP08 then u can think of using SAP's PGP Encryption module

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/04/10/pgpencryption-module-how-to-guide

But if in case no, then writing a java module/mapping will help u in doing the same. Search SDN, u will find few articles which shows how to implement encryption using cryptic or third party libraries. I myself had implemented this req. in PI7.1 using DIDISOFT library.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

mikejackson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Amit,

Many thanks for the quick reply. We are using 7.1 EHP1 SP09 so this functionality should be available to us and it looks fairly straight forward to use. I will build this into my estiamtes for the piece of work we need to do.

Regards

Mike Jackson

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jeff_darling2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Depending on the specifics of your environment, (ie coding ability, time constraints, budget and skill set), you could also consider a 3rd party tool to encrypt/decrypt the file as a pre/post step in the file adapter. We are successfully using GnuPG (PGP) for this. 

Jeff