Did you mean: 

"number of entires" show "0" after migrate LRAW to BLOB in TST03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Background

Linux X86_64

Oracle 10.2.4

Kernel 640, its support package(see attached)

We just finished the LRAW to BLOB migration according to the SAP official note steps.

The migration was succeeded, at least we can say at DB level.

In se11 did already the activation  after reorg , and status “active”

• In DB02 you can consulted the table details (include table enties)

• [#Problem#]But in SE16 when click “number of entries” , will have a nerror pop up à see attached

In DB level (under SQLPLUS) everything is good

In addition, for TST03 all of another test are passed like generate new spool, delete spool.

So I want to

1. The root cause of the problem
  2. How to solve it

To my point of view

1. The bug of se11 under kernel 640. The interface of se11 and ABAP dictionary is not good
  2. Or, the ABAP dictionary not well activated. But I don’t know how to check the TST03 in the ABAP dictionary.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Kate

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kate,

just an absolute simple idea. Is it possible that the 753 rows in TST03 are related to a different SAP client?

Please crosscheck this with the following SQL and then check your SAP client (in which you are logged in):

shell> sqlplus / as sysdba

SQL> select DCLIENT, count(*) from SAPQAS.TST03 group by DCLIENT;

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thany you very much, the result matches your guess:)

P.S. could you please tell me if se11/16/14 extract data from abap dictionary rather than go to the database tables?

what are the table that belongs to ABAP dictionary?

These are bothers me lot when analyzing this case.

Thank you very much!

Kate

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kate,

> could you please tell me if se11/16/14 extract data from abap dictionary rather than go to the database tables?

Well the data is stored in the "database tables" and retrieved from there, but the ABAP dictionary is used to get the definition and structure of these tables (just think about cluster/pool tables or column names, etc.). Additional predicates are generated into DMLs, if the SAP system (DBSL) notices that the table is client dependent.

You can see this clearly, if you enable SQL trace (ST05) and execute SE16 with the "Number of entries" function once again. You will find a WHERE clause like "DCLIENT = :A0", even if you have not restricted any data pattern (if you look closely, you can even not specify the client dependent column at all in the selection screen).

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your reply , it's clear to me now.

I will try st05 to take a closer look.

Best regards,

Kate

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

[#Problem#]But in SE16 when click “number of entries” , will have a nerror pop up à see attached

Stefan is correct. Tx SE16 will only show the data for the client you are logged into.

It looks like you have logged into a non-production client and querying the table TST03.

Regards

RB