cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJ88 - Excluding of cost element from settlement run

Former Member
0 Kudos

May I know how to exclude a cost element from being processed by CJ88?

Reason for exclusion of costs posted to the cost element was because the costs posted were internal labour costing. Under my company's internal audit department's understanding such costs should not be settled to AuCs which are subsequently capitalized when the product is completed.

We have currently maintained the cost element under a cost element group MSLABOUR. This cost element group is maintained in allocation structure. For the assignment we maintained as such:

1.     FXA - Unchecked - Settlement Receiver 40200020

2.     CTR - Checked

3.     WBS - Checked

I have tried previously to remove the cost element group from the allocation structure however it has resulted in other costs posted to the WBS element unable to settle when error was encountered by the settlement run when system tries to settle costs posted to the cost element (internal labour costs).

PS experts, appreciate your advices please.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the solution. it works as what I wanted.

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe just to give a more in depth of what I am enquiring on:

The cost element 92520000 is currently maintained in cost element group MSLABOUR. This cost element group is maintained in Assignment 050 from P1 to P6 allocation structures.

Under the allocation structures we have maintained as follows:

1) FXA - Unchecked - Settlement Receiver (Cost element 40200020)

2) CTR - Checked

3) WBS - Checked

The current issue is that costs that are posted to cost element 92520000 are settled to cost 40200020 which in turns settled to AuC ID when settlement run is executed. This happens for all WBSs which has FXA maintained as settlement rule.

Is there any way for settlement run to ignore the cost elements that are maintained in cost element group MSLABOUR.

Regards

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

You have to create a source structure and assign it to your settlement profile.

The source structure have to have 2 assigments:

Example

Assigment 10 : Asset where cost element group includes the cost elements that have to be settled to the asset. Receiver : FXA

Assigmet 20 : Costs : Where cost element group would be MSLABOUR and receiver the cost element.

It is not possible you ignore the cost, but you have to configure it to be settled to the Cost Center instead of the FXA. Then You have to review your source structure and assigment.

Regards,

Clara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Alongwith Clara's suggestion, also go through SAP NOTE 173909 which will help you further.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

You have to create a source structure and assign it to your settlement profile.

Your source structure has to have 2 assigments:

1. Capital Cost element group --> that can be settled to the asset

2. Labour Cost element group --> That can be settled to the cost center.

Then in the WBS settlement rule you have to check that both receivers have been entered.

Not sure if it is clear and answer your question...

Regards